Internet Speed

sensei

since they opened up a internet shop down below on my condo property, i have been so slow its like dial-up for over a month now since they blocked you tube also, i called tot and they said they are having problems and will be fixed soon, im gonna call them tommorow im pissed off now.... why am i paying 700 baht a month for dial up speed? any other good providers out there? i think true wont come by they have cable here so i dont know .

since they opened up a internet shop down below on my condo property, i have been so slow its like dial-up for over a month now since they blocked you tube also, i called tot and they said they are having problems and will be fixed soon, im gonna call them tommorow im pissed off now.... why am i paying 700 baht a month for dial up speed? any other good providers out there? i think true wont come by they have cable here so i dont know .

Don't feel too bad. I upgraded my TOT Ipstar to 1024/512 and am paying 2,600 per month. It SUCKS! I checked the speed and it took about 10 minutes. I got 32/19. I'll be downgrading to 256/128 next month. It CAN'T be any worse.

Guest Reimar

If that is an "real" Internetshop they should have a corporate connection which haven't any effect to your "public" connection. In case they don't jave a corporate account, inform TOT about the commercial use of internet on an Home-Connection which isn't permitted! If you can't do so, you have only 2 choices: 1. change to TRUE if a line is available, 2.: change to IP-Star but not forgat what gary A has written!!

May to check with CAT for a. G.SHDSL which cost 2/2 Mbps 2,850.00 a month! Take a look at http://www.cat.net.th/hinet/promotion.html

Is anyone using the package mentioned below? I am interested how it compares to the maxnet premium service. I need to use skype's 'video calling' for work and having read about the many troubles being experienced by other members on the forum, I am concerned about my options. Any suggestions and advice welcome.

CAT for a. G.SHDSL which cost 2/2 Mbps 2,850.00 a month! Take a look at http://www.cat.net.th/hinet/promotion.html

Thanks

seykota

Have you experienced an increase in internet speed since Youtube got blocked?

Is your connection better now?

My TOT ADSL 1M/512k still gives me download speeds from international servers that stay under 5kb/sec , 2 weeks ago I had 100kb/sec.

Blocking of YouTube has not changed anything for me.

TOT Gold Cyber package >> pure gold for TOT :o