Curfew Starting 26 March

That link had obviously crashed from too many hits.

Here's a summary from Khaosodenglish.com

Under the decree, the Prime Minister will have the sole authority in implementing policies designed to combat the pandemic through the Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation, Prayut said. The center will meet daily at 9.30am to monitor the epidemic and take necessary actions.

He said specific measures concerning the public will be detailed at a later date, though the emergency decree empowers authorities to impose curfews, ban travels, and close down buildings without warrants.

Security officers will also have the power to censor and shut down media if deemed necessary.

The emergency situation will be in place from Thursday through April 30, according to the Prime Minister.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation,

I remember CRES from the good old days when Thailand didn't have a facade of democracy and was just a... well..... you know what.  Sole power vested in Prayut...  seem to recall that one from before also...

That said, Thailand needs to take the CV seriously, more seriously, than they've been doing.  Whether the current gang can exercise any prudence and intelligence in their coming decisions, remains to be seen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, justin case said:

trip to immigration alowed?

It will be open in Sukhothai although I don't know why they don't cancel 90 day say for 3months.

I hope post offices are open as I am sending off for new passport. 

They have the power to do so many things that in reality they never do anything.
If there is a curfew, we will certainly see it in the big cities;
but I have a very great doubt with regard to the deep campaigns ...
I live 12 km from the center of a medium-sized town; in 14 years i have only seen a police car there once.

and then who are they going to put on the roads to enforce this curfew?
The troop or the officers?
because if it is the troop which is very largely anti Prayuth, that will be as before the curfew.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The announcement wording given in post # 4 says the government will have the power to impose curfews - it doesn't say they're going to.

I think stores will do what they want a this aft,  just went Global  House and they are shut and turning people away.

Big 'C' more or less next door but I didn't have my spacesuit handy. ????

• Haha 1

15Km from town in a very rural area i have never seen a policeman in 7 years.

I expect if any checks if will be the border patrol which has a small base nearby

Also If its a 7/7 curfew most farmers around here start work by 5 am

time to do a bit of shopping i feel

• Like 1

Does that mean there will be actual Police about to enforce the curfew,

because the only time i ever see them is at road blocks or a VIP visits,

where they go at other times no idea.

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1