Pick-up driver drags corpse for 49 kilometers - leaves it at gas station; driver says he thought it was a pig

webfact

Pick-up driver drags corpse for 49 kilometers - leaves it at gas station; driver says he thought it was a pig

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

CCTV footage from a gas station on the Mitraphap (Friendship) Highway heading into Korat at Sikio showed a black Mitsubishi pick-up reversing. 

The driver leaves behind a headless corpse and drives off. This happened shortly after 3 am. 

Pak Chong police and rescue services discovered there had been a fatal collision between a car and a pedestrian at KM marker 43 in Pak Chong district at 2.15 am. 

The car, whose license plate was unknown, had fled the scene then the pick-up had gone over the body, it is believed. 

The pick-up then carried the body 49 kilometers to the gas station at Lat Bua Khao. Sanook reported that the police were looking for both drivers. 

Later after hearing the news that his vehicle was involved 23 year old Sittisak from Mahasarakham turned himself in. He was the pick-up driver. 

5pm2.jpg

Picture: Sanook

He said that he thought he had gone over a pig carcase that had fallen off the back of a lorry. It was dark, he said. He didn't stop.

Someone hooted at him but he just assumed he had committed some driving error.

He told police that he stopped to use the toilet at the gas station then reversed away. He felt he went over something at that point but didn't think anything of it. 

No charges have yet been leveled at Sittisak as the hunt for the car that is believed to have killed the pedestrian continues. 

Sources: Sanook | Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-25

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

despite the emergency, life in Thailand goes on as usual.  

u mean death in Thailand, and it  far outweighs any corona  virus  death..............still be safe wear a  mask but...........dont wear a helmet, you  know it makes  sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

despite the emergency, life in Thailand goes on as usual.  

Yeah this is a pretty sick one. RIP to the victim, too bad they cant charge him with manslaughter in the US so he can get a good solid 10-20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:
1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Just an arrogant sod, so what i ran over what i thought was a pig, but just kept going!!

Just another day in the life of a pickup driver here.

I drive a pickup.

Like Colin said. You should be parked up and just leave home for essentials at the moment.

• Like 2

Absolute retardedness of some clearly knows know bounds... in this case a complete moron flees the scene after mowing down a pedestrian, another reverses over him finishing him off - neither driver thinks to stop !!!

Absolutely total fv<wittery at its height - these two take the biscuit. 

• Like 1

Unreal,surely even if you thought it was a pig,you would have pulled over at the first safe spot to check under the car for damage at the very least,if it was a raised up pickup,well one might not feel something dragging under it,but this does not appear to be so,i once hit a Roo in Oz,not a big one,and even though my 4x4 had been raised,i could feel something dragging and bumping underneath,i got out and there it was a leg was kinda wedged among the rear leaf spring ans chassis,cutting it free was no fun at all,luckily it was quite dead,had to hack away at leg with small axe,drove off with the foot and bit of shin still stuck up there.

7 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Unreal,surely even if you thought it was a pig,you would have pulled over at the first safe spot to check under the car for damage at the very least,if it was a raised up pickup,well one might not feel something dragging under it,but this does not appear to be so,i once hit a Roo in Oz,not a big one,and even though my 4x4 had been raised,i could feel something dragging and bumping underneath,i got out and there it was a leg was kinda wedged among the rear leaf spring ans chassis,cutting it free was no fun at all,luckily it was quite dead,had to hack away at leg with small axe,drove off with the foot and bit of shin still stuck up there.

Bit of a waste there Marko.  You should have gutted the roo,  slung it in the back and taken it home for the missus to dress out.   Any meal you can do with beef you can do with roo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

My friend had a dog called Woodbine. Every night he used to take it out for a drag.

A dog ?

I thought it was a canadian  horse ...

Whoa! You got me there! Very good. I had to google it: Woodbine Racetrack, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Whereas really it's: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodbine_(cigarette)

• Thanks 1

To return to the subject,
driving with a dead pig or a human body stuck under the front of a pickup,  he must be completely drunk or under the influence of prohibited substances (or both);
we understand better why he fled and did not appear until several hours later.

If he had been drinking, after several hours, the breathalyzer could no longer give a positive result.
It usually takes an hour to remove 1/10 of a gram of alcohol;

therefore 10 hours to remove 1 gram;
and all the wacky tips that you can read here or it are absolutely useless.