Experience: Success 60day extension Non O Multi at Phuket Immigration

bangarang

Dont forget to look for the 90day reporting (TM47) location and report foreigner living (TM30). Its by the pen shop across from the main building where the bikes usually park. Officer said they opened that part up today.

Edited by bangarang

23 minutes ago, bangarang said:

No embassy letter needed for us Non-O Visa people

no letter would be required for a Thai wife 60 day extension

letter may be required for any further short term extensions

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steve187 said:

no letter would be required for a Thai wife 60 day extension

letter may be required for any further short term extensions

Lots of people lately were getting confused with the tourist visa news and embassy letters for extensions of stay I noticed, so I just wanted to confirm that it does not apply to us as I was not asked for it and just got my extension today. Hopefully the land borders open back up by mid june.

5 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Are you saying multi entry don't need leave after 90 days ?  If so then 90 day reporting must be required by law.

No, under normal circumstances, you have to leave every 90 days on a Non O multi. Or you can apply for a 30/60 day extension if married or have a child.

These days, who knows what will happen... Different rules at different offices, different rules from one day to the next !! 

• Like 1

my situation, would love some feedback.

I did my last extension last year, after i got i, i withdrew 500,000 from my 800,000

<i needed the baht>
so i assume if i try an get another extension i would be refused as did not keep the whole 800,000 in the bank for 3 months after the extension was issued.

My Plans had been to travel to Penang and get a 1 year visa, (i will have the 800,000 in  the bank again)

so what happens if i cant travel out and get the visa? Could i get an extension with the US embassy letter, (i suspect not)

Anyone know any agents around?

1 hour ago, phuketrichard said:

my situation, would love some feedback.

I did my last extension last year, after i got i, i withdrew 500,000 from my 800,000

<i needed the baht>
so i assume if i try an get another extension i would be refused as did not keep the whole 800,000 in the bank for 3 months after the extension was issued.

My Plans had been to travel to Penang and get a 1 year visa, (i will have the 800,000 in  the bank again)

so what happens if i cant travel out and get the visa? Could i get an extension with the US embassy letter, (i suspect not)

Anyone know any agents around?

This is tricky one, But i think that you should be able to get a 30 day extension if you have the embassy letter.

I'm a bit confused about whether you are on a one year non O and leaving every 90 days, or were on a one year non O then got an extension of this sometime in the past.

Your wording and requirements make it seem like you have already been doing 90 day reporting

"Tip: Make sure you bring ALL of your normal copies for the family extension. Otherwise its a long queue in the sun. 

After your 90day reporting or foreigner reporting is done, go straight up to the nice 2nd floor aircon room."

The above makes it seem like you have been doing 90 day reporting already, not actually leaving the country every 90 days.

On 3/25/2020 at 12:08 PM, bangarang said:

Dont forget to look for the 90day reporting (TM47) location and report foreigner living (TM30). Its by the pen shop across from the main building where the bikes usually park. Officer said they opened that part up today.

Did you notice if the drive thru was open as well for 90 days as you went past or have they closed it with being so busy?

I'm not due til late Apr and hopefully things may have settled down a bit by then anyway.

During April I need to effect a 90 day report, a transfer of stamps to a new passport, and an extension where I am changing from retirement to marriage. I'm sure the IO will smooth the way.

Stressful times, even if my investments back home, and the exchange rate, weren't crashing.

Oh, and I believe there's a virus around that specializes in killing old farts like me.