Why Fly Bangkok To Australia?

LindsayBKK

Checking latest fares Here and find an airfare bit over A$510 (incl taxes)(Qantas) to Perth from Singapore (converted from USD to AUD) so why would I spend 25-30,000bht from Bangkok or am I missing something. Low cost airline to Singapore is only A$175 (return) with Jetstarasia and A$150 with Airasia. Means 18,291bht (incl taxes) would have to be found to make me fly BKK-Aust with the same airline. I doubt it as taxes alone from BKK are about 7000-9000bht. Feel free to add your best travel tip or website.

Edited by LindsayBKK

You must not be looking in ALL the right places.

I bought two one-way tickets on Malaysia Airlines flying from Bangkok to Sydney (which is a bit more expensive than flying to Perth) for 7,050 THB plus tax each! The total cost for two of us was 24,000 THB! That is pretty ###### good if you ask me, especially flying Malaysian!

When I flew one-way from Sydney to Bangkok when I came here, I paid $800 AUD to fly Malaysian just to compare.

G,day

I have recieved an email from Tiger air based in Singapore , Hows this for starters..... Singapore - Perth

from S$59.99*

And ....Singapore - Bangkok, Chiang Mai,

Udon Thani (Vientiane) from S$5.99*

So a return ticket BKK/SIN/PER = Only S$132 -00 plus taxes..

And Tiger air is hoping to operate a full domestic air service in Australia in the near future...Cheap prices to follow,

cheers,

lesdunbar

Checking latest fares Here and find an airfare bit over A$510 (incl taxes)(Qantas) to Perth from Singapore (converted from USD to AUD) so why would I spend 25-30,000bht from Bangkok or am I missing something. Low cost airline to Singapore is only A$175 (return) with Jetstarasia and A$150 with Airasia. Means 18,291bht (incl taxes) would have to be found to make me fly BKK-Aust with the same airline. I doubt it as taxes alone from BKK are about 7000-9000bht. Feel free to add your best travel tip or website.

Yes, appears that you are not missing only something, you have missed it all.

The Airline companies make their best money on biz travelers, people who travel on their company's expense. The companies would not send their staff on a low cost carrier, that's the policy.

Could you rephrase your question under that light?

so why would I spend 25-30,000bht from Bangkok or am I missing something. Low cost airline to Singapore is only A$175 (return) with Jetstarasia and A$150 with Airasia. Means 18,291bht (incl taxes) would have to be found to make me fly BKK-Aust with the same airline.

It looks a good deal to me if you can actually get a ticket although I think it'll cost you a little more to get to Singapore. You should be able to do it total for a little over B20,000. There are flights BKK - Perth via Singapore on SIA at B23,730. A few hours in transit in Singapore is not really a hardship. Go for it :o

Could we please post the real price a ticket costs when you by it?

All these incredibly cheap enticing offers mean absolutely nothing.

Try booking at those prices and see how much will be added for tax, fuel surcharge etc.etc.

The price of a ticket is what you pay, not what is advertised.

Anyway I do have the strong suspicion that some of the posters here are in someway advertising, which I believe is not allowed here.

Cheers

Onzestan

I dont know about you, but when I fly from BKK to Aussie, I want to go direct, the quickest route, and in comfort.Screw the price. :o

The website I quoted was the total including all taxes and even a service charge of $27USD. I will add when I buy the ticket. It's a local travel agent here at Century Plaza Victory Monument & they confirmed.

Airfare Summary Detail Sin - Perth Return

Fare Summary

Passenger Type Currency Price Tax Total

1 Adult USD 230 179 409

Total USD 230 179 409

Delivery Fee 0

Service Fee USD 13

Grand Total USD 422 = AUD 488.25

Ok now add Jetstar return $175 (incl taxes) now total $AUD 663.25 18,723bht

add Airasia $150 " $AUD 638.25 18,017bht

So a return ticket BKK/SIN/PER = Only S$132 -00 plus taxes..

And Tiger air is hoping to operate a full domestic air service in Australia in the near future...Cheap prices to follow,

cheers

lesdunbar

Oh Tiger air is definately cheap Not! Checkout the taxes.

Departure (Lowest Fare)

2 Adults at 2,145.00 THB 4,290.00 THB

Taxes and Fees (details) 9,270.00 THB

Return (Lowest Fare)

2 Adults at 4,020.00 THB 8,040.00 THB

Taxes and Fees (details) 10,690.00 THB Total Cost of Flight 32,290.00 THB

You must not be looking in ALL the right places.

I bought two one-way tickets on Malaysia Airlines flying from Bangkok to Sydney (which is a bit more expensive than flying to Perth) for 7,050 THB plus tax each! The total cost for two of us was 24,000 THB! That is pretty ###### good if you ask me, especially flying Malaysian!

When I flew one-way from Sydney to Bangkok when I came here, I paid $800 AUD to fly Malaysian just to compare.

Not bad but you still paid 6000bht more. I guess $215AUD is not alot.

My conclusion is that nobody seems to mind paying extra.

Edited by LindsayBKK

LindsayBKK the point is most of us live on the East Coast. Perth has always cheaper than Melbourne or Sydney. The second point is most of us don't want Singapore stopovers and prefer to fly direct. The 3rd. point is that in the last 5 years I never found an open ticket SYD BKK SYD for $835 AUD including taxes, that is what I paid this year with BA. Hope that helps.

I will add when I buy the ticket. It's a local travel agent here at Century Plaza Victory Monument & they confirmed.

Purchase the ticket(s) then post the total cost that you paid including the itnerary and carrier(s). Why is a travel agent in Thailand quoting prices in USD? These will be SITI (sold inside, ticketed inside) so you'll be paying in THB.

Quoting random prices off the internet is basically useless as there may not be any availability in that fare bucket. Flying direct and/or on a single carrier offers all sorts of additional benefits. not the least of which is protection in the case of irregular operations and the ability to check baggage through to your final destination.

MH seems to have decent flights...

Fare (A1): MH BKKPER SL2MBTHS fare (rules) , psgr type ADT THB 7005

Fare (A2): MH PERBKK HL2MBTHS fare (rules) , psgr type ADT THB 7705

Tax: Australian Passenger Movement Charge AUD 38.00

Tax: Thailand Passenger Service Charge THB 700

Tax: Australian Int'l Passenger Service Charge AUD 22.14

Tax: Australian Safety & Security Surcharge AUD 6.55

Tax: MH YQ surcharge $201.40

Total for 1 adult passenger: THB 23955

That fuel surcharge (YQ) is a killer.

Edited by lomatopo

G,day

I have recieved an email from Tiger air based in Singapore , Hows this for starters..... Singapore - Perth

from S$59.99*

Yes, and by the time those taxes and surcharges are totaled up it will be well over S$200.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

SYD - KL with Malaysian return inc all taxes with Flight center for the 22nd June 2007.

The best I can get it for is A$1200.00.

I'm planing to buy an Air Asia ticket for my TGF to meet me there for a few days.

Agent tells me its A$140.00 one way?

Once we're done here we plan on going to BKK for a month, I guess I plan to buy a couple of Air Asia tickets back for this.

I was then going to buy one from BKK to KL to catch the return flight to SYD at the end of it all.

After having a read of all the previous posts I'm now thoroughly confused about everything????

It seems some of the THV senior members have it so wired?

Do you think I'm going about this the right way?

I can hear some of you saying why not just go to BKK directly?

It's a bit of a story which I will post in the Visa section of the forum later but it is basically to go out of Thailand with my TGF to support my prospective marriage visa further down the line.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

To the founders of this site I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU for such an informative and helpful forum.

I have been reading alot of it and will be asking for some particular advice shortly.

Cheers all.

Nikko

I was then going to buy one from BKK to KL to catch the return flight to SYD at the end of it all.

Beware of using any Asian budget airline on a tight schedule to meet with an international flight, they are often delayed and even cancelled.

They are good value for money if it's not so important when you arrive.

Also baggage allowance on Air Asia is 15 Kg and one piece of hand luggage

Check it out at Air Asia

I can hear some of you saying why not just go to BKK directly?

It's a bit of a story which I will post in the Visa section of the forum later but it is basically to go out of Thailand with my TGF to support my prospective marriage visa further down the line.

You're right!!!! :o surely you can get a more competitive fare to BKK and whatever your reason you can still go travelling with your g/f together from BKK

Edited by Mahout Angrit

My wife always flies with Thai....

It is a direct flight, all the documentation is in Thai, the aircrew speak Thai. It makes her feel better to have that so screw the cost....oh and she has a frequent flyer card

My mate uses budget airlines...last time...the plane was delayed in transit by about 5 hours...his missus hates it.

I also flew my step son here in April using Thai...but that is cos he ws 11yo, travelling solo and doesnt speak english.

G,day

from S$59.99*

Yes, and by the time those taxes and surcharges are totaled up it will be well over S$200.

Beware of Tiger Airways. They are always trying to outsmart you. The Baht 700 BKK departure tax is NOT included in the airfare. And they deliberately do not breakdown what are the taxes and surcharges when you buy your ticket. They will collect Baht 700 from you when you check-in at the airport.

To my knowledge, only Jetstar Airways (good on you Aussies) inform you upfront that the Baht 700 departure tax is included in the airfare.

Air Asia used to do it but I am not sure now. Perhaps Air Asia has learned how to outsmart the customers from Tiger Airways.

When I flew on Tiger BKK-Sin at the end of April I didn't pay the extra 700 baht at the airport, or at check-in. If you bought the ticket before the intro of the new tax system (ie included in the fare) then you would have to pay at the airport - but same same for all airlines.

As far as I can tell they are like all airlines - they advertise the ticket cost and then there are all the added taxes on top.

Tiger are fine for short trips - there planes seem quite new too.

Booked myself in for the 3rd July...

Prices have gone up from the 21st June {Peak period}.

SYD - KL, KL - SYD = $A1400.00 with Malaysia Airlines.

BKK - KL for TG is BHT 99 but with taxes is BHT1649 total with Air Asia.

My question is this:

Does my TG need to show an on forward ticket at the customs/immigration at KL?

I have read somewhere that they do but cant find the information now.

Does she need any visa issues sorted traveling on a Thai passport to KL?

Her FL arrives five minutes after mine so it seems we will be meeting up at the airport somewhere.

Is this new airport difficult to navigate?

Where do you reckon is the best place to meet?

I'm assuming it's better for me to go to the domestic terminal to pick her up?

I only plan on staying at KL for about 3 days, does anyone know of a cheap friendly place to stay just out of the city somewhere?

A place that has airport transfers would be ideal. A three night package deal would be awesome. I have my travel agent looking but I'm keen to hear from anyone who has had some experience?

I was planing on visiting a travel agent while there to maybe find some seats KL - BKK for the both of us.

That's assuming she doesn't need to show an on forward ticket. Otherwise I'll have to book our return leg with AA at this end.

I look forward to any feedback.

Found it on the AA terms and conditions:

- You are responsible in ensuring compliance with the immigration, customor other legal requirements of the countries of your destination. Kindly ensure that for International destination you possess a valid passportwith at least six (6) months' validity and the applicable valid visas. You shall also possess a return itinerary or ticket on an onward journey;

Does this mean it's for me but she will be fine?