BKK to UK Flights Qatar ( for the rich and famous)

jimmjam

For comparison.

Swiss foreign office organizes evacuation flights for Swiss citizens from Bangkok and Phuket.

Estimated cost 1500 CHF (~1300 GBP, 1400 EUR, 1550 USD).

(just received email, I watch from the chair)

Edited by KhunBENQ

I always fly Qatar the price you are showing is for 1st class my wife and I once got a free upgrade from business to First as her TV was not working , we were the only two in first class the service was out of this world best flight I ever experienced.

18 hours ago, stouricks said:

You mean the First Class seats do not land in Doha, but the Economy ones do!   LOL

I did first class with qatar it’s not a straight flight however when you stop at Doha you are first off as a chauffeur awaits you to take you to the free VIP lounge which provides free food ,drinks and shower facilities the car might have changed is normally BMW 8 series. When your connect flight is ready your chauffeur collects you and drives you to the awaiting aircraft 

Edited by crazykopite

14 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I always fly Qatar the price you are showing is for 1st class my wife and I once got a free upgrade from business to First as her TV was not working , we were the only two in first class the service was out of this world best flight I ever experienced.

It was business, not even first class was available. They wanted nearly 80k baht for economy

• Thanks 1

Due to retirement over two years ago I no longer do the two Qatar flights every 28 days from Bangkok to Baku. Based on non-flying I slipped from Gold back to Silver and again back to Burgundy? Anyway, I just got an email yesterday from Qatar telling me that they missed me and they are giving me a free year back to Silver, starting April 1st. 

19 hours ago, Chivas said:

Remember guys its the algorithms pricing the fares based on known seats availability from point A to point B

When the vast majority of airlines close down the pricing goes sky high when the numbers get crunched

Not only that people buying at the airport itself out of desperation will be paying full airline IATA prices not the heavily discoiunted fares we'd normally see from Skyscanner etc etc etc

And cookies. They can track what you are doing and can jack up prices as you search.

Emirates themselves have not actually cancelled. It's the UAE that have stopped all airlines from flying.

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/help/travel-updates/ 

On Wednesday, after the FCO issued its "get out now if you can" advice, I flew Thai Business Class BKK to LHR for 85000 Baht.

I shall be claiming that on my travel insurance.

Meanwhile Emirates have given me a new booking for BKK-LHR via Dubai - this is useable for 2 years or so they say, so when this is all over.....we hope!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CharlieK said:

first class would be a direct flight not a layover or 23+ hours travel time.

Let me see, you think Qatar, whose route is BKK-Doha-UK fly first class passengers direct, but not business or economy class?

Ooooooo Kaaaaaaaaaay!

9 hours ago, gavberger said:

Or get endless visa extensions until this pandemic ends.

Well thats just it you cant lol. Soon as you do a border run you cant come back in anyway

Korean Air yesterday had flights to the UK departing today via Seoul. Price was about 29,000 one way. Just checked seats still available for tonight and Tuesday. Tuesday 38,000.

Edited by pj123
  • Thanks 1