MOAC To Conduct Artificial Rainmaking In Thailand's Upper North

Jai Dee

MOAC to conduct artificial rains in Upper North

The Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives (MOAC) is analyzing geographical areas to conduct artificial rains for this month. It estimates that more than 43 rais of land will benefit from the rain making.

MOAC Minister Thira Sutabutr (ธีระ สูตะบุตร) reveals that during March 2007 the Bureau of Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation conducted 611 flights of rain making, causing rain in 60 provinces. Each rainmaking sessions such as those in the Northern region made an average of 0.2 – 50.3 millimeters of rainfalls.

As for the rainmaking in this month which is under the influence of the El Nino phenomenon, the bureau has planned to conduct artificial rains in line with the hot and drought weather condition caused by the El Nino.

The rainmaking this month will focuses on agricultural areas in the Upper North to prevent forest fires.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 10 April 2007

Personal comment: I'm sure that estimate of 43 rais is a mis-translation.

MOAC to conduct artificial rains in Upper North... :D bit late....

Just as well I had a watering can wiff me........and this is the edge of a national park just behind our joint :o ...at least its FREE to get in... :D

Just heard yesterday from our "Estate manager" in Mae On that the Monsoon has arrived and he has a couple of leeks (leaks) in the roof...good news ...told him to stuff them with some bananas ...we got thousands of "em......honestly...TIT....