Ranong: Southern province steps up its anti Covid-19 measures - any tourists must have health certificates and quarantine at their own expense

webfact

Ranong: Southern province steps up its anti Covid-19 measures - any tourists must have health certificates and quarantine at their own expense

8pm1.jpg

Picture: The Standard

The Standard reported that the governor of Ranong province in the south of Thailand was stepping up restrictions from tomorrow, April 1st. 

Jatuphot Piyamputra had previously required visitors from Bangkok and surrounding provinces to quarantine themselves for 14 days.

Anyone leaving the province and returning had to do likewise. 

This has now been ramped up. 

ANY people from outside the province must present a health certificate (of less than three days prior) to enter Ranong.

Tourists must present a health certificate AND quarantine themselves for 14 days at their own expense. 

Thaivisa notes that prior to last week, many foreigners were trying to renew visas by crossing over to Myanmar immigration in Ranong. This is clearly now out of the question as people must go into quarantine in the province. 

The governor further announced that from April 1st all migrant workers must wear face masks supplied by employers when outside. Failure to do so would mean that work permits for migrants would not be renewed. 

Source: The Standard

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-31

44 minutes ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Ye M'Lady.

Thunderbirds-are-go.jpg

Lady Penelope: Parker, take off my coat.

Parker: Yes, m'lady

Lady Penelope: Parker, take off my dress.

Lady Penelope: Parker, take off my underwear.

Lady Penelope: And Parker, don't let me catch you wearing them again.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

why the stupid need for health certificates? Just lock everything down already. If getting a certificate is like getting a license i dont see it as beneficial. Its really just creating more human interaction.

It is not for us to criticize these "highly intelligent" governors who with the help of experts invent new rules ...

• Haha 2