Road Travel during corona

Olmate

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If possible avoid nightly rides (as a general rule), wear masks after leaving the vehicle at any time.

My wife advised me that the government now requires that masks be worn by all occupants of the vehicle at all times, including if you are driving all by yourself.  Be aware that you could receive a hefty fine if you are caught not wearing a face mask while driving or riding in a vehicle.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rickb said:

My wife advised me that the government now requires that masks be worn by all occupants of the vehicle at all times, including if you are driving all by yourself.  Be aware that you could receive a hefty fine if you are caught not wearing a face mask while driving or riding in a vehicle.

A local Thai here was fined B200 for not wearing a mask as a passenger in a car.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

A local Thai here was fined B200 for not wearing a mask as a passenger in a car.

Which was labeled fake news some days ago :biggrin:

And indeed, as another poster wrote it's now mandatory to wear the mask in the vehicle.

When in Rome...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2020 at 1:29 PM, time2093 said:

You guys obviously havent gotten the message to stay home.

Pretty poor reply. 

I arrive current location March 18. At that time could book flights within Thailand. Almost booked flight to Phuket. So glad I didn't. Then flights within Thailand canceled by AirAsia at least. Then curfew, beach closures in Phuket and elsewhere.

As I understand it from gf rumours curfew to soon be applied elsewhere.

I live in bkk. Things change constantly.

I was Saigon airport March 16 and chatting with guys returning to Singapore. They had that day to get back before 14 day self isolation. 10 flights were cancelled.

Very smug reply.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Do you really have to go ?

Stupid response, as usual best you can do, why bother.?Really no f and n idea of the number of reasons that would make a simple trip to another region necessary!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rickb said:

That is the most ridiculous rule ever.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Stupid. In an enclosed environment, no risk to someone outside the car. It would make more sense if at a checkpoint the driver and passenger were required to put a mask on  before winding down a window or getting out of the car.

• Like 2