Tot Ipstar

Gary A

Today my 1024/512 TOT Ipstar won't work at all. Yesterday it was almost useless and has been really bad for the past couple of weeks. Is anyone else having problems or is it my installation. My signal strength is 90 and the ES reading below that is 9.3. I have been using my phone to get online.

well if TOT IP star also uses the CAT international gateway like TOT ADSL does...

Same for my TOT ADSL 1m/512kb international connection speeds are below 3kb/sec now !

Also local speeds never above 300kb/sec according to TV speed check.

Something is also wrong with TOT local network I think.

Guest Reimar
well if TOT IP star also uses the CAT international gateway like TOT ADSL does...

Same for my TOT ADSL 1m/512kb international connection speeds are below 3kb/sec now !

Also local speeds never above 300kb/sec according to TV speed check.

Something is also wrong with TOT local network I think.

IP-Star is using the CAT int. Gateway. That's one of the reason why the connection time and speed of IP-Star is slow.

600-1500 ms rom the box via satellite to TOT/CS-L and from there via CAT to the Gateway!

Today my 1024/512 TOT Ipstar won't work at all. Yesterday it was almost useless and has been really bad for the past couple of weeks. Is anyone else having problems or is it my installation. My signal strength is 90 and the ES reading below that is 9.3. I have been using my phone to get online.

Gary, Mine has been good - 512/256 package.

I am curious though because I've read earlier posts that you had CSLOXINFO before - Me too.

Question: When you got TOT IPstar, did they aim the dish at a different angle? i.e. - Different transponder.

They did on mine. Overall much better - I've noticed though with Windows XP and wireless router 2 things:

I have to do the "disk cleanup" frequently and when it's really slow try XP network connections - REPAIR.

Let me know if either helps. If it's down hard sounds like equipment (Antenna / SAT modem)

Good luck

Gary, Mine has been good - 512/256 package.

I am curious though because I've read earlier posts that you had CSLOXINFO before - Me too.

Question: When you got TOT IPstar, did they aim the dish at a different angle? i.e. - Different transponder.

They did on mine. Overall much better - I've noticed though with Windows XP and wireless router 2 things:

I have to do the "disk cleanup" frequently and when it's really slow try XP network connections - REPAIR.

Let me know if either helps. If it's down hard sounds like equipment (Antenna / SAT modem)

Good luck

As far as aiming the dish, I can see no difference. The signal strength was the same on Loxinfo Ipstar. I have used XP diagnosis and often right click on the connection icon for the repair. I just do that when I am waiting and it does absolutely no good. The sad thing is that when they first hooked up the 1024/512 it was REALLY fast. The speed was almost as advertised but that changed quickly. I'm disgusted enough to quit the service and use my phone and that is painfully slow.

I'm on TOT also, 1 meg package, not sure about ipstar? I just went away for a couple days, hoping it would be sorted when I came back, but it's just rediculous now, it's not even pulling up a web page outside of thailand.

I rang tot last saturday and they just said there was a problem with the international servers. It's been about 3 weeks now, i just want to know if there is light at the end of he tunnel, if someone could tell me what was going on, ok, i can wait for it to be sorted. But no-one seems to know at tot. I used to be with true and never had this problem (but moved house, and now out of range) it's well annoying.

Also, i think you have to pay 3000 baht if you terminate your contract before a year, but what if it's because of a problem with their service?

I'm on TOT also, 1 meg package, not sure about ipstar? I just went away for a couple days, hoping it would be sorted when I came back, but it's just rediculous now, it's not even pulling up a web page outside of thailand.

I rang tot last saturday and they just said there was a problem with the international servers. It's been about 3 weeks now, i just want to know if there is light at the end of he tunnel, if someone could tell me what was going on, ok, i can wait for it to be sorted. But no-one seems to know at tot. I used to be with true and never had this problem (but moved house, and now out of range) it's well annoying.

Also, i think you have to pay 3000 baht if you terminate your contract before a year, but what if it's because of a problem with their service?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to change to the 1,500 baht 256/128 until my year is up and if it has not improved by then I will drop the service. I got the same crap about international servers and I made the guy feel bad when I hooked up and opened Gmail in 12 seconds with my cell phone.

tot ipstar has been shitt for days, I had some <deleted> on the phone for a hour today and his conclusion is that my dish must be readjusted. When I asked when they could send someone over they had no answer. Being a holiday I doubt if it will be for a week or more. When I signed up for ipstar I knew someday it would go to shitt and that day seems to have arrived. They are not capable of making a decent sandwich so the fact I had good speed for one year is a mystery.

The youtube thing is not helping matters and by them blocking sites they could be unintentionally throttling the internet speeds. I sometimes wonder how much spam is clogging the internet in Bangkok, It has to be a large percentage, That and ignorant dumbing down games being played online.

Oh well, I will post if I ever get any speed or stability,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Offline, and waiting, Which will come first, helll freezing over or Thailand proving it is a technology hub?

Guest Reimar
TOT IPstar is not using CAT International gateway anolonger. They have their own gateway since a few weeks back, at least on my corporate account. Do a tracert and you will see it says totisp.net

That's new for me! As I know and that info is from an Engineer from TRUE (one of the best from them!) TOT was improving the internal system include the internal Gateway server to CAT but still connected to the international Gateway via CAT. TRUE use thems own international Gateway now and not ,ore the one of CAT!

Gary:

if your Satellite dish is ~1.50 m in diameter you're connected to Thai Com 2 Satellite while the dish with ~84 cm is connected to Thai Com 4! That is why the direction is different and CS-Loxinfo use mainly Thai Com 4.

There was some news somewhere that Shin Satellite want to change the Location of the Thai Com Satellites and move them closer to the Earth! If they play with this already, than there will be a lot of problems.

TOT IPstar is not using CAT International gateway anolonger. They have their own gateway since a few weeks back, at least on my corporate account. Do a tracert and you will see it says totisp.net

That's new for me! As I know and that info is from an Engineer from TRUE (one of the best from them!) TOT was improving the internal system include the internal Gateway server to CAT but still connected to the international Gateway via CAT. TRUE use thems own international Gateway now and not ,ore the one of CAT!

Gary:

if your Satellite dish is ~1.50 m in diameter you're connected to Thai Com 2 Satellite while the dish with ~84 cm is connected to Thai Com 4! That is why the direction is different and CS-Loxinfo use mainly Thai Com 4.

There was some news somewhere that Shin Satellite want to change the Location of the Thai Com Satellites and move them closer to the Earth! If they play with this already, than there will be a lot of problems.

My TOT dish is 1.3 meters in Diameter. I'm pretty sure that it is exactly the same size as the Loxinfo dish. Loxinfo did come out and supposedly aimed my dish at the new satellite. If anything the Loxinfo service got worse after that. My TOT service was quite good for the first few months but that sure has changed. DISGUSTING!

Well my speed is back up. I called Bangkok multiple times and they somehow reset my box or hit their server with a hammer and it was working within minutes. It seems to me they are clueless but who cares as long as my internet works. As for anyone else I suggest calling Bangkok during normal business hours, If they answer you might get lucky.

Well my speed is back up. I called Bangkok multiple times and they somehow reset my box or hit their server with a hammer and it was working within minutes. It seems to me they are clueless but who cares as long as my internet works. As for anyone else I suggest calling Bangkok during normal business hours, If they answer you might get lucky.

What's their phone number?