Good Steaks Under 200 Baht

Hi!

I know good steak in Bangkok has been covered in many threads.

However, we would all just make our recommendations, disregarding the price. We all know that you can get good steak in JW Marriot for about 1000+, etc.

How about good but low priced steak?

Any recommendations?

So far, the only one I know of is Santa Fe Steak House (it's a chain of restaurants) which, when on promo, offers 200 g Ribeye (local) for about 109 THB with a salad. Quality of the beef is also okay.

French fries are reasonably priced at 35 baht. Ambiance is okay.

They seem to know how to cook their steak properly over the flames (rare, medium rare, medium, well done, etc.).

It would be great if they could add more american stuff like baked potato with sour cream and bacon... but they don't.

However, as with a lot of Thai steaks, the steak can have a slight sweetish tinge to it (although not as bad as the common overly sweet steaks in other thai places)

Any other suggestions? 200 gram (or more!) steak for under 200 Baht.

Edited by junkofdavid2

I also am a fan of Santa Fe Steak and More out on Rachada next to Jusco. Good food, clean place, reasonable prices and good service. Each month they have food sale items that are really good deals on a special menu.

Another place to check out is Chokchai Steak on Soi 23 (just off Asok) in Prasamitr Plaza. Prices are reasonable and most food is pretty good. They have local beef (cheap) and imported beef from Aust. (expensive). Has what you would expect a steak place to serve with some Thai food as well.

Mizus Steaks on Patpong (an old Japanese place) also has good steaks but I don't care for the grimy feeling I get after eating there. I always feel like I need to shampoo my hair after eating there and dont think the walls have been painted in 30 years.

Fuji Japanese rest. offers a steak lunch special from 11-3PM daily. It includes salad, veg, steak, soup, tea or coffee drink and fruit plate for dessert. Great deal at 150 baht.

They offer another Steak meal for about 250 baht that includes a river prawn, larger steak, and some other things.

I enjoy the steaks and the food at 13 Coins franchises they have a few around town.

For 199 you can get a Fillet Mignon wrapped in bacon with some vegies and two bar b q'd prawns.

Its not the Ritz but the quality of the food is excellent - lots of western dishes and plenty of thai ones for the missus and the service is quick and friendly.

Another place to check out is Chokchai Steak on Soi 23 (just off Asok) in Prasamitr Plaza. Prices are reasonable and most food is pretty good. They have local beef (cheap) and imported beef from Aust. (expensive). Has what you would expect a steak place to serve with some Thai food as well.

I thought with the Free Trade Agreement with Australia, the price of imported beef would be less expensive as with the price of wine and champange :o

nah, it just gives the aussies more profit.

for steaks i go to foodlands butcher section, point at a slab of meat and get them to cut it to the desired thickness...go home and slap it o the gas grill....no place beats this.

i dont like steaks that are hung to dry, to me they taste moldy and spoiled..i like fresh meat.

Let us be honest, ok?

There are no good steaks to be found anywhere on this planet for that price.

Save up some money and buy Kobe beef at Emporium.

Cook it yourself and you will have on of the best moments in your life regarding eating steak.

Another option is to book yourself a short visit to Jakarta and go and visit the Styx restaurant at the Park Lane Inn Hotel.

I dunno how they do it but for a fair price they will serve you one of the best steaks I have ever tasted in the world.

(They are voted for many years to serve the best steaks in Indonesia).

I have been working (and eating steaks) in more then 60 countries so I think I can be a bit objective.

Good steaks come around 2000 Bath if you cook yourself here in Thailand.

I forget the price, but the food at Steak One on Sukhumvit 4 has always been pretty good. That said, I haven't been there in some time.

Dr. B

The American Steaks at Steak One are about 1,400 baht, so I haven't bothered.

I've had bad luck with Aussie and Kiwi steaks - although I hear there are good ones. I want GREAT steaks like when I was a kid. Just OK just doesn't cut it. :o

Let us be honest, ok?

There are no good steaks to be found anywhere on this planet for that price.

That's what I was thinking. hel_l you can't get a really good cheeseburger for 6 bucks (200 bahtish) many places! Maybe Tejas (or OK) for a steak or cheeseburger, but that's a bit of a haul, physically and mentally.

• 11 months later...
I enjoy the steaks and the food at 13 Coins franchises they have a few around town.

For 199 you can get a Fillet Mignon wrapped in bacon with some vegies and two bar b q'd prawns.

Its not the Ritz but the quality of the food is excellent - lots of western dishes and plenty of thai ones for the missus and the service is quick and friendly.

Yeah, I have to agree. 13 coins is the best option for under 200. You can get a nice sized steak with veggies, chips, and some pasta for under 200. No, it's not the best steak in town, but its pretty good, and an amazingly good value. They have imported beef as well but obviously that is going to cost more than 200 baht.