Home Builders Merchants Open April 2020

kamalabob2

I shopped April 1 2020 at the Buriram Homepro. Fully staffed and they offered delivery services. Today April 2 2020 I noted a free delivery of roof tiles, sub roof sheets and ceiling insulation rolls departing Ruangsangthai Home Builders merchants in Buriram. The Buriram Global House was open on Tuesday. I believe Builders Merchants are open on a store by store basis and deliveries are still being offered by most of the home improvement stores. While some home builders merchants stores were closed for a few days last week in Buriram, they seem to all be open this week. 

Ruangsangthai Buriram Builders Merchants Delivery April 4 2020.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Im in CM and the wife says all the major DIY stores are closed.

I want some white water pipe instead of the normal yucky blue.....and I have seen it in Homepro Superhway before.

Is the wife right ?

I can tell you that in Buriram at least 3 DIY stores are open.

RuangsangThai

HomePro

Global House

About the others (Thai Watsadu etc) no idea, but these we personally contacted and are definitely open.

Global House said that they have changed opening hours from 8:30-17:30

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I can tell you that in Buriram at least 3 DIY stores are open.

RuangsangThai

HomePro

Global House

About the others (Thai Watsadu etc) no idea, but these we personally contacted and are definitely open.

Global House said that they have changed opening hours from 8:30-17:30

The last line is a good clue

Anyone happen to know about the door shop on east side of Superhwy nr Chang Puak/MAe Rim road? I need that one too

33 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

You want white Pimaflex water pipe?  Thai Watsadu might sell it on line. Pimatec.com sells a quality white Pimaflex water pipe. 

Hi Bob Im not sure I DO want Pimaflex.

I want the regular non flex plastic except white not blue.

Is that it?

43 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Im in CM and the wife says all the major DIY stores are closed.

I'm in SanSai and all the local builders merchants are open, drove past 3 or 4 this morning.

DIY stores are NOT builders merchants.

Edited by BritManToo

White PVC conduit is not suitable for water under pressure in Thailand. It is thin walled and not at all the same "strength" as blue pvc or white Pimaflex or green PPR water pipes sold in Thailand.  White PVC pipes are often used for media cables or sometimes electrical cables when building a home in Thailand. You would be testing your luck to use the white PVC I see in Thailand for water pipes. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kamalabob2 said:

White PVC conduit is not suitable for water under pressure in Thailand. It is thin walled and not at all the same "strength" as blue pvc or white Pimaflex or green PPR water pipes sold in Thailand.  White PVC pipes are often used for media cables or sometimes electrical cables when building a home in Thailand. You would be testing your luck to use the white PVC I see in Thailand for water pipes. 

I found Home Mart open in CM yesterday, and they had the pipe.

I asked for white water pipe and they said yes and all the sizes.

Pretty suer it;s The Real Thing

I now realize SCG does sell a white pipe suitable for water. It costs more than blue PVC, yet it is SDR 13.5 so worth consideration.

SCG CPVC Water Pipe 15 mm 1/2-inch SDR 13.5 (Class 2) Length 5 m

SCG CPVC White Water Pipe are suitable for water supply system especially hot water. Available in SDR 13.5 / SDR 11 thickness in size 15-50 mm. (1/2-2 inch) and SCH 40 / SCH 80 thickness in size 65-150 mm. (2 1/2-6 inch). Available in 5 m length. CPVC pipe and fitting are made of high-quality plastic conforming to ASTM standard. Maximum working pressure at 400 psi (27.6 bars), up to 95°C resistant, fire-resistant, UV and chemicals resistant.

12 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Never ask a Thai sales person a "yes or no" question. If it means a sale, the answer is always "YES!"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

What is the pressure rating? If there is none then it isn’t designed for household water.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

What is the pressure rating? If there is none then it isn’t designed for household water.

I didn't ask.

The store is only open for asking questions and making orders.....the aisles are verboten it's a bit like a science fiction movie.

I was just checking if they sold the white stuff like I have bought from Homepro (I never use the blue stuff indoors if its visible), and will check my exact needs first.

They were making barriers outside from the same stuff, and it looks thick like proper pipe.

I remember the price used to be a little more than the blue.

• Like 1