Chaeng Wattana 03/4/2020 Income Method/ Marriage Extension Denied Report (Pictures)

First off I want to state I had all of the required documents and I followed advice to show only the first 2 months  ฿40,000 in the bank...horrible lady officer immediately didnt want to know straight away requesting 12 months deposit or 400k in the bank

I showed her the police order example from advice on here with the highlighted part and even explained in Thai (Im intermediate having stayed hereat 8 years)

I just want to advise people dont go to Chaeng Wattana expecting the first 2 months deposits will work...we had the letters stamped by the bank as well

3 officers looked at it,  one she said was her boss and even a male officer came over

We arrived at 5.30am and had ticket 111...they were just pointing people to the big hall which had a few cones with numbers and markings on the floor for social distancing....although people were still getting in each others space

I imagine it got a lot worse later and nobody there was really helpful about where to Queue.

You were then directed into a more confined office..attempts were made to space people out on seats but you could hear i/o coughing ...people  removing their silly material masks looking at us in our respirators

I hope they get whats coming to them, just found out my uncle in the UK has covid19

I have til July now to sort out 400k

IMG_20200403_072534.jpg

IMG_20200403_164650.jpg

IMG_20200403_072546.jpg

• Thanks 1

You made the mistake of listening to those who are encouraging people to try and follow the rules by the book.  It doesn't always work that way.  You have been in Thailand for a while.  Those who have been here a while will certainly suggest that one should always check with your local immigrations office to get an idea of what is truly acceptable.  Everything else you posted is just noise and not really relevant to your situation.  I do wish you luck in getting the money you need.  However, I don't understand why you still have until July to fix your problem.  Perhaps you have a Non-Immigrant O Multiple Entry visa...Yes/No. 

Edited by mosan
Clarity
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2020 at 3:45 PM, mosan said:

Those who have been here a while will certainly suggest that one should always check with your local immigrations office to get an idea of what is truly acceptable. 

I agree that it is always recommended to check with your local IO before applying for a Visa or 1-year extension as their local interpretation often differs from what the IO rules/regulations prescribe.

When doing so it is also wise to also note the name of the officer you talked to, in case another officer has a different view/interpretation so that you can refer to your earlier enquiry.

If it are small add-ons to the IO rules/regulations (e.g. an additional document to be provided), just go with the flow and comply.

However, if the local interpretation would make it really difficult for you to comply, it is recommended either

- to politely request talking to the officer in charge to argue your case (bringing a highlighted thai copy of the actual IO rules/regulations would be helpful);

- to call the IO Helpline 1178 on the spot, so that it is not a farang - immigration officer discussion anymore but an internal IO matter.

Note that the local Immigration offices / division, have the authority to make local amendments to IO rules/regulations but blatant abuse of that discretion (e.g. over-charging for an extension application) will be sanctioned by IO HQ.

= = = = =

NOTE: The OP's case is a sad example of a clear mis-interpretation of the IO rules/regulations, and it is quite strange that even the other officers that looked at his application for a 1-year extension based on his 90-day Non Imm O - marriage Visa, did not accept it.  Or was it in fact an application for further extending his present 1-year extension?

Edited by Peter Denis