Skateboarding

ZigZagdiver

Hi, any help greatly appreciated.

We are moving from the UK in August, my son is a very keen skateboarder and I need to reasure him that there is somewhere to go.

Does Pattaya have any skateparks? What about elsewhere in Rayong?

Many thanks,

ZZD

Hi ZZD, Im moving over to Thailand in July with my Thai wife and 2 daughters and 16 year old son (to my ex wife). Not sure if there is a Skate Park there but I have seen other kids westeren and mixed with Skateboards so there is a possibility.

We will be living in Eastern Pattaya. PM me if you want.

Cheers Rob.

Thanks Rob,

It's good to know there is some skateboarding....but where?......Anyone?

ZZD

A place called 'The Crossing' has ramps, half pipe, rails etc. This is the centre of the skate scene in Pattaya. The best under 12 skaters in the country - 1,2 & 3 at the last regional competition, as well as, two guys off next month to skate for the national team. Mainly Thai's but some farang - farang friendly staff - English/ Thai lang.

Location - Duck Square, next to 'Wranglers' Harley D shop. Duck Square is next to (behind) Big C, South Pattaya Rd.

P.S. Hosting Regional Skate competition 21st of this month approx. 4pm. In partnership with Extreme Sports Assoc. of Thailand.

Thank you very much torngseea,

That gives him plenty to research on the Net. Shame he can't come to the competition, (We don't arrive in Thailand until August).

Do you know of any competitions planned for later in the year?

ZZD

There's quite regular comps. in this region. Best bet is to 'plug in' when you get here. If he's a skater he'll soon make friends 'kick-flip' is the same in any language.