Man who died on the railway: Authorities trace taxi driver who took him to the train station

rooster59

Man who died on the railway: Authorities trace taxi driver who took him to the train station

1585918168898.jpg

Thai health authorities have been busy trying to trace the people who came into contact with a 57 year old Thai man who was found dead at Thap Sakae railway station on Tuesday.

The man had been in Pakistan and was travelling from Bang Sue to his hometown of Sungei Kolok on the Malaysian border by train.

One man who was apparently coughed on by the now deceased man in the ticket queue at Bang Sue has been traced. This was a man from Nakhon Sri Thammarat residing in Nonthaburi.

The authorities finally tracked down the taxi driver who took the man to the station from a hotel in the Ramkhamhaeng area. The victim stayed in Bangkok one night after arriving from Pakistan.

The driver said that he was contacted by the Grab application and helped the man with his luggage. He sat in the front next to him.

There was not much conversation but the driver did ask him what was wrong with his leg - the passenger said he had had a motorcycle accident.

They were in the cab together for half an hour.

After this the driver said he went to a hospital but was denied a free test and was sent home to self quarantine for 14 days.

Earlier reports this week suggested that the dead passenger on the train had underlying health conditions including diabetes. It was the first case of the death of a person with Covid-19 in Prajuab Khiri Khan province.

Source: MCOT

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-04

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

Is there any site where i can check infections by Province ?

I asked the same question a few days ago but hadn't received any replies.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Dap said:

I asked the same question a few days ago but hadn't received any replies.

I have asked a Thai IT friend if she can give me a link to a website , if i get one ill pass it on .

2 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I have asked a Thai IT friend if she can give me a link to a website , if i get one ill pass it on .

I thank ye' kindly Squire :cool:

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

After this the driver said he went to a hospital but was denied a free test and was sent home to self quarantine for 14 days.

Yes, this part. Seems everyone going to hospital gets this treatment. Refuse to test, go home. How can anyone then take the official infected numbers seriously...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, keith101 said:

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/?fbclid=IwAR1bAH4qDAZtWkdh2MVwAiFmow9lAtRFg78vPSZKr76__ezADDlBNwYHTyk

This a site that gives a map of Thailand showing confirmed cases and places they visited .

Edited by keith101

On 4/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, rooster59 said:

After this the driver said he went to a hospital but was denied a free test...

In this case, the taxi driver did the right thing. But was sent home. I'm speculating, perhaps that's because there is not enough test kits, hence only a limited number is tested per day, and which explains for the relatively 'low' number of confirmed cases?

On 4/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, rooster59 said:

... and was sent home to self quarantine for 14 days.

A bit irresponsible, if I may be so bold as to say that. As a taxi-driver, he probably lives hand-to-mouth. How does one expect him to stay at home, with ZERO income, for 14 days? And if he doesn't, think of how many of his passengers he may infect before he develops any symptoms, if he does? One has to assume he is infected until tested otherwise. See where this is going, Thailand?

I know the frontliners are really working their ar$ses off to arrest the situation. Well, some are. Fact is, this is the one - and only - line of defence. If the frontliners are overwhelmed and start to crumble, there goes your country. Long story short - Thailand, you really need to do more if you really, really want to flatten the curve.