Any updates on the foreigner lockout until April 30?

TechnikaIII

HI am trying to glean the news and forums for any news, hints at changes, whatever to the April 30 date.

I am very keen to return to the place that I have maintained for 10 years, for return visits. I was caught in the Philippines by the airport lockdown, my flight to BKK having been cancelled. I am reluctant to rebook for the fear of the goal post being moved while I am in the air.

Further, I will be coming back with a health certificate from a major clinic here, But I am not sure about the health insurance. Is that a condition for long stay visas? .. or does it apply to tourists as well.

Thanks

Edited by TechnikaIII
Expanded text
  • Like 1

The latest news I saw was that the airports are closed to international flights, specially negotiated emergency evacuation flights excepted. Whether this will be extended again and what health certificate, insurance or quarantine requirements, if any, will be imposed when incoming international flights are allowed again is impossible to predict or guess.

I suggest reading the Thailand section of this IATA webpage for contioulsly updated information:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

• Like 2

you will have to wait until Thailand opens its borders to non Thais again, i think that all people should be in place they call home at this time of uncertainty, and i would make all efforts to get to that place, not be stuck in no mans land. good luck and be safe

It's anyone's guess how this will unfold, but I wouldn't expect the boarders to open before June. And when it does open, they'll probably request a 100 000usd insurance and a negative covid19 test, just as they did prior to the boarder closing. And in addition to that, I wouldn't be surprised if they'll put us in a state facility quaranten for 14 days, which of course we'll have to pay for ourselves.

But as they are in desperate need to get the tourists back, l can't imagine they'd keep those strict rules when the "high season" is approaching. 

1 minute ago, RotBenz8888 said:

they'll probably request a 100 000usd insurance

Seems unlikely as that would be the end of all tourism (and probably foreign business) in Thailand.

If they were really serious they would test everyone on arrival at the airport.

You don't enter Thailand until you can pass the test.

(all nationalities including Thais)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Seems unlikely as that would be the end of all tourism (and probably foreign business) in Thailand.

If they were really serious they would test everyone on arrival at the airport.

You don't enter Thailand until you can pass the test.

(all nationalities including Thais)

And when they fail the test on arrival, where will they go? Those tests has to be done prior to departure.

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And when they fail the test on arrival, where will they go? Those tests has to be done prior to departure.

I said arrival, I meant arrival.

It's a virus and you get over it, 2 weeks in isolation than tested again.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I said arrival, I meant arrival.

It's a virus and you get over it, 2 weeks in isolation than tested again.

Maybe that could be way, they'll need to do something to get those very valuable tourists back. And then they have to scrap the insurance requirement too.

• Like 1