Grass Seed

Pond Life

I know this topic has come up before, but cant seem to track down an answer.

Where in CNX area can I buy grass seed, preferably Yaa Malaysia or Yippun.

I want to grass a large area, so turfing is not an option.

I could just leave it to grow naturaly but I dont want that spikey shy fern stuff getting a hold.

Thanks

Pond Life - if you find anything better, let me know. Also, has anyone ever air - raided their grass? Likely due to the clayish soil in my yard, my grass does not grow well. I thought about air raiding it but have not been able to find anyone (or anything) that could do it.

Besides throwing lots of fertilizer on the grass (and watering), what do others here do to make their grass grow better?

Has anyone heard similar to what I was told years maybe 15 years ago by a seed supplier regarding grass seed?

I wanted to buy lawn grass seed to seed the large yard of a village house I was living in. I was told at that time the sale of grass seed was restricted due to concerns of the grass taking over rice farming land.

Things may have changed since then or the restrictions may have been applicable to certain areas. I haven’t had the need to buy grass seed since then so haven’t had any recent information.

Pond Life - if you find anything better, let me know. Also, has anyone ever air - raided their grass? Likely due to the clayish soil in my yard, my grass does not grow well. I thought about air raiding it but have not been able to find anyone (or anything) that could do it.

Besides throwing lots of fertilizer on the grass (and watering), what do others here do to make their grass grow better?

I used to have trouble with our lawn, even watered it daily-no result. Answer sulphate NPK- my neighbour got me a huge bag for 700baht not sure where he got it thou.

this stuff is good, turned our brownish unhealthy lawn green again after 2-3 weeks.

I still have a patch of dirt I wouldnt mind re sowing. Havent yet found anywhere that I could buy lawn seed. Will check out the place behind Tesco thou.

post-15912-1176547833_thumb.jpg

Has anyone heard similar to what I was told years maybe 15 years ago by a seed supplier regarding grass seed?

I wanted to buy lawn grass seed to seed the large yard of a village house I was living in. I was told at that time the sale of grass seed was restricted due to concerns of the grass taking over rice farming land.

Things may have changed since then or the restrictions may have been applicable to certain areas. I haven't had the need to buy grass seed since then so haven't had any recent information.

Which is why places that sell it are rare, and also why the price has more than doubled in the last year. As a result, why not purchase the large pieces at Kamthing Market?? For 10 to 20 baht per 1/2 meter size you can find some nice grass there. Plus, I was just thinking about the time/cost comparisons with seed, with the 'din dam' and 'experienced' labour, I can guess that the costs are not apart much, if they are at all...

Edited by Ajarn