Thai Consulate Hull

I am an English father of a UK/Thai boy to his Thai mother, I don't work in Thailand but I have a business back in the UK & Spain so I have funds but not enough to pay too much in 'costs', I previously obtained a NON-O multiple entry visa but I'm not sure about my eligibility any more, I am not married to my sons mum but have been considering it for quite some time now, would this be a bonus when applying? Or will I have some joy simply walking into the consulate in Hull and be granted a NON-O multiple entry there?

Any recent experiences are greatly appreciated

Regards

Nikkijah :o

I am an English father of a UK/Thai boy to his Thai mother, I don't work in Thailand but I have a business back in the UK & Spain so I have funds but not enough to pay too much in 'costs', I previously obtained a NON-O multiple entry visa but I'm not sure about my eligibility any more, I am not married to my sons mum but have been considering it for quite some time now, would this be a bonus when applying? Or will I have some joy simply walking into the consulate in Hull and be granted a NON-O multiple entry there?

Regards

Hull Consulate are very helpful and fast.

Friend flew back to LOS just before Easter and got his multi non O visa back in 3 days (same as me when I applied)

Cost for 3 90 day visas £90 or £40 each.

Sometimes hard to get through on phone but very helpful when you get through.

HTH

Regards

Hull Consulate are very helpful and fast.

Friend flew back to LOS just before Easter and got his multi non O visa back in 3 days (same as me when I applied)

Cost for 3 90 day visas £90 or £40 each.

Sometimes hard to get through on phone but very helpful when you get through.

HTH

agreed they are helpful, told me to make a appointment beforehand and i could get my O type in 3hrs, i will be trying it out next month.

Thanks for your answers

kev0184, will I really need to make an appointment to apply for a visa??

duratanium, can you confirm that both you and your friend are in the same circumstances as me?

Mahout Angrit, will a scanned and printed copy of my sons birth certificate be ok or will I need the original?

Thanks again!

Mahout Angrit, will a scanned and printed copy of my sons birth certificate be ok or will I need the original?

I have always had a copy to give them and carried the original with me but it's not so easy with a childs birth certificate.(I also can't remember if I ever needed to show the original) I guess you dont have the original so do what you can and was suggested above and send a copy. Maybe when back in Thailand get yourself a certified copy to carry just in case you meet a consulate in the future that growls.

• 3 weeks later...

Success!

I have rightfully and legitimately obtained a non-0 visa from Hull consulate, I was in and out in about 5 mins with a nice new multiple entry visa :D

Thanks to everybody who helped me out!

I hope that other legitimate fathers will share my fortunes for a long time to come

I read a lot on here about the consulate in Hull, and wonder if that is the only consulate that is well known. Last week I had reasons to visit the Thai consulate in Cardiff. The honorary Consul is in fact a elderly Welsh Gentleman and he was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.

There was no red tape or officialdom just very down to earth and as I say a very nice guy, even better was that there were not any other customers there so in and out in minutes !

For a lot of people, Cardiff has to be a lot closer than Hull

Regards

The consulate at Hull are very helpful, they got me out of a sticky situation by issuing non "o" same day after i drove over to Hull. I was wanting to travel the next day on one way ticket and prior to booking the flight online, a warning message concerning visas and one way tickets was displayed. I rang the consulate and they confirmed a visa was requred if travelling on a one way ticket.

The Cardiff guy isn't that fond of issuing one year multi-O and I think they might require more documentation than Hull, such as bank doc's as well as the birth certificate (English translation preferred). Cardiff won't issue to non British citizens BTW, as far as I know, unless they hold residence in the UK. BTW the Cardiff office is about twenty minutes walk from town down to the docks but halfway you pass through a quite nasty council estate with drug dealers and thugs loitering on the main road so it might be better to take the train or bus. As with Hull you can generally walk in and walk out with the visa as fast as it takes to do the processing.