Netflix adds 4-digit PIN code to stop freeloaders messing up your recommendations

snoop1130

Netflix adds 4-digit PIN code to stop freeloaders messing up your recommendations

By Jeff Parsons

GettyImages-1189670409.jpg

Don’t let others mess with your watchlist (Artur Widak/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Netflix has introduced a new set of parental controls so its users can have a bit more control over their accounts.

Among the new features includes the ability to set a 4-digit PIN code onto each profile. While this may ostensibly be to keep the kids out, we all secretly know it’s to protect against those mates you’ve ‘leant’ your Netflix password to.

While there’s nothing inherently wrong with letting a few family members piggyback off your account, it usually messes up your recommendations. After all, not everyone’s going to be hooked on Tiger King.

‘Everyone can now add these new, improved controls to their profile by going to account settings on our mobile or laptop,’ Netflix explained in a blog post.

Full Story: https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/08/netflix-adds-4-digit-pin-code-stop-freeloaders-messing-recommendations-12525526/

Now if only they could introduce some filter so I can see films and series in English only. I'm fed up of being led to something that looks good then it's in Flemish, German, Spanish etc. You accidentally click on one and then your recommendation list is forever inundated with others.

5 hours ago, alien365 said:

Now if only they could introduce some filter so I can see films and series in English only. I'm fed up of being led to something that looks good then it's in Flemish, German, Spanish etc. You accidentally click on one and then your recommendation list is forever inundated with others.

agree, but to me the problem is how they list the catalog. I wish it was more youtube like, instead of horizontal scrolling showing always the same movies in different sections.