An interview with HM Ambassador to Thailand Brian Davidson ???????? on ThaiPBS

11 hours ago, brommers said:

I will not waste my time listening to his waffle. Four decades of living outside the UK has shown me that once you leave that island you are seen as a traitor, a burden and someone to be treated as nothing more than a nuisance. Under no circumstances would I consider returning to that shabby little country that is run by a fat, tousled haired confidence trickster and his ban of sleaze balls.

Pray that Thailand will do more for you than this shabby little country. People are responsible for their decision like staying in Thailand when the roof is about to fall in, or when the bottom drops out of their finances. Then go and hold hands out for help from the British taxpayer. Grow up.

51 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Pray that Thailand will do more for you than this shabby little country. People are responsible for their decision like staying in Thailand when the roof is about to fall in, or when the bottom drops out of their finances. Then go and hold hands out for help from the British taxpayer. Grow up.

Most expats have their pensions taxed by the UK Government. No taxation without representation.

Edited by champers
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, brommers said:

I will not waste my time listening to his waffle. Four decades of living outside the UK has shown me that once you leave that island you are seen as a traitor, a burden and someone to be treated as nothing more than a nuisance. Under no circumstances would I consider returning to that shabby little country that is run by a fat, tousled haired confidence trickster and his ban of sleaze balls.

assume, therefore, you have relinquished your citizenship? thought not. 'nuff said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

assume, therefore, you have relinquished your citizenship? thought not. 'nuff said.

I have...UK is a disgrace!....I have paid many hundreds of thousands in Tax and still have to pay income tax and Council Tax on my Home in the UK which is rented out!

But, if I go back I am not entitled to NHS and my "Old Age Pension" only becomes payable and "frozen"  (incidentally which has moved from age 65 to 67) because I am an Expat.

I have lived in Thailand for over 10 years.

People here complain at what the Govt, do and rightly so....But, even with the "New Democracy" they are doing a better job than most Western countries!

I will never go back to that SH1tH*ole!

Edited by Mario666
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Lobby the Thai government? British foreign policy is now based on what's good for trade and Neville Chamberlain's idea - appeasement. Criticism  is not allowed.

Now how did that work 80 years ago?

16 hours ago, Mario666 said:

I have paid many hundreds of thousands in Tax and still have to pay income tax and Council Tax on my Home in the UK which is rented out!

You do not pay council tax, the tenant does.

You pay income tax on the rental income because as a non-resident you are no longer entitled to a tax free allowance. That is the same for all countries, no country that I know of allows tax free income for non residents.

The only time that you would have to pay council tax is if the property becomes vacant. Even then, most local authorities offer some form of short term council tax relief.

Edited by KhaoYai