How To Determine The Name Of A Receiving Account

If I want to transfer money to another bank account (different bank) and I have only the Bank name and Account number, is there a way to be sure the account number is correct, i.e. to view the account holder's name?

Yes ^^^.

Both Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank indicate the account name (even with a different bank) when setting up a transfer.

Note that the recipient's name may appear in Thai if that's how their account was set up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes ^^^.

Both Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial Bank indicate the account name (even with a different bank) when setting up a transfer.

Note that the recipient's name may appear in Thai if that's how their account was set up.

Thanks for this. When I fill in the form (on Krung Thai website) specifying the bank, account number and amount, there is a "Next" button, but no indication as to what happens next. i.e. will the money be transferred straight away or will I have the chance to see the name of the account and not continue.

I suppose I could transfer just a little to see what happens "next".

Clearly, I don't want to transfer a lot to the wrong account.

Just now, JetsetBkk said:

Thanks for this. When I fill in the form (on Krung Thai website) specifying the bank, account number and amount, there is a "Next" button, but no indication as to what happens next. i.e. will the money be transferred straight away or will I have the chance to see the name of the account and not continue.

I suppose I could transfer just a little to see what happens "next".

Clearly, I don't want to transfer a lot to the wrong account.

I don't know the Krung Thai system, but the others I've used have a "confirmation" page where you check the details before committing to the transfer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

Try that, it's not a bad idea, should be another conf screen though ????

Thanks everyone. It all went as you suggested - the last screen showed the name (in Thai) when I did a small transfer and before I entered the confirmation OTP code that they sent to my phone. So then I did a bigger transfer.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 2