Kanchanaburi Alcohol ban

DPKANKAN

I'm all for them wanting to curtail the Songkran activities, after spending a holiday there last year and lasted at least the three days that I spent there. The place was even noisier than Pattaya if that's possible. What really annoyed me and is why I'll never return there, is that one of the main water throwing areas was right along the back of the war cemetary. Whilst looking around the war museum my wife and I couldn't hear ourselves speak for the loud bass-heavy music. As an aside, as a farang, I had to pay a larger entrance fee than her.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the booze ban extended by this govt, who don't miss a trick in keeping the masses miserable, but managable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

As an aside, as a farang, I had to pay a larger entrance fee than her.

Entrance fee? For what? I know exactly where you are talking for Kanchananburi but makes no sense to me charging a fee. I personally always like the water festival. Been through too many I would have to get my toes and fingers together to count, and I can understand the need to clamp a zero percent tolerance this year. For me I will ice down a case of beer and go to it at home laying in my huge inflatable pool. But if CM clamps down till the 30ith then this is going way too far., although I can last with the alcohol stock I have. 

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

But if CM clamps down till the 30ith then this is going way too far., although I can last with the alcohol stock I have. 

CM has announced 20th, similar to Bkk and a number of other provinces. 

This is not about stopping a holiday.  It is about stopping a virus that is out of control.  As for the alcohol ban, you could see that coming across Thailand once the first province ordered it. So I don't understand not being prepared for it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HelloWelcome77 said:

Well instead of ranting and if you're a big drinker as I am, you could have seen it coming for days and stockpiled accordingly. Start by blaming yourself.

I actually said my friend told me about it, not that I am not stocked!!! I took the notice when Uncle Too talked about a 24/7 curfew but I will still 'rant' about a numbnuts decision if I so wish!!! ????????????????????????????????

On 4/11/2020 at 5:45 PM, holy cow cm said:

Entrance fee? For what? I know exactly where you are talking for Kanchananburi but makes no sense to me charging a fee. I personally always like the water festival. Been through too many I would have to get my toes and fingers together to count, and I can understand the need to clamp a zero percent tolerance this year. For me I will ice down a case of beer and go to it at home laying in my huge inflatable pool. But if CM clamps down till the 30ith then this is going way too far., although I can last with the alcohol stock I have. 

He could be saying the TBRC museum charges 50baht more for Falangs than Thais, which is not true. If he talking about the so called JEATH museum by the bridge it does charge extra, but is a sham Thai 'copy' museum, as the real JEATH museum in 2-3 miles from there!!! ????????????????