‘Speeding m/cycles

What’s with these characters that believe they must drive everywhere fast nowadays.

We live 300m. from the local main road, and although we can hear the occasional pick-up, most of the traffic noise is generated by the wannabe racers on their m/cycles. There’s a few of silencerless 150cc machines (the ones with the super skinny tyres) with the young blades still trying to impress the local lasses, but most of the noise is generated by ‘sports’ bikes. Their riders appear to be hell bent on getting to where ever they’re heading for yesterday. 

As said, our house is 300m from the road with other dwellings between us and the road, so we should have the benefit of some sound insulation. Not only can I hear these bikes as they pass the end of the moo baan but I can still hear them when they’re 1km away.

Maybe they’re simply just trying to get to where ever they’re going before the curfew kicks in 6 hours down the road?

Keep safe everyone.

45 minutes ago, bloodyholly said:

Their riders appear to be hell bent on getting to where ever they’re heading for yesterday. 

The Thais say they are "rushing to meet their father"   which I suppose closely relates to 

the western saying "rushing to meet your maker"

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably those crazy home-made exhausts, they like the noise more than the speed, that makes me sad...☹

I actually enjoy quiet mufflers, when you can accelerate and get away fast without anyone notice you... ! lol

• Like 1

If you're 300 M away then noise can't be that bad, me thinks you're exaggerating a bit. I'm about 10 M from a main road and commute traffic in morning is my alarm clock. Having enough noise to let other vehicles know you're there is also a good thing since so many pull out of side streets without looking.

As far as the speed goes, I don't know why.

Edited by EVENKEEL