Using Mee Or Yu Nai?

sunshine13

In Thai as far as I can tell, Id just say "Kar tot krap, bra-sin-ii yu nai?" or is it better to say "Kar Tot Krap, Mee bra-sin-ii mai krap"?

Another question....

Is the following sentence correct:

Prung-Ni-chao, Pom ja bpai duum nang su lao ja bpai bri-sin-ii ja gap baan?

I want to say: Tommorow monring I will go watch a movie, then go to the post office, then return home.

In Thai as far as I can tell, Id just say "Kar tot krap, bra-sin-ii yu nai?" or is it better to say "Kar Tot Krap, Mee bra-sin-ii mai krap"?

Another question....

Is the following sentence correct:

Prung-Ni-chao, Pom ja bpai duum nang su lao ja bpai bri-sin-ii ja gap baan?

I want to say: Tommorow monring I will go watch a movie, then go to the post office, then return home.

If you're asking where the post-office is, I'd choose the first line and add one word"Kar tot krap, bra-sin-ii yu tii nai?" The second sentence is better to ask when you want to know whether there is something. For the second sentence you could ask "Does this village have a post-office? "Kar tot krap, moo ban nii mee bra-sin-ii mai krap?" If they reply yes, then you would ask where it is.

As for your second sentence:

"Prung-Ni-chao, pom ja bpai" is fine: but the word for to watch doesn't have an "m" sound as a final consonant. Just leave it at duu and you're alright.

nang su = book

nang = movie so drop the su

So, so far we have "prung-ni-chao, pom ja bpai duu nang" in this case I'd accompany lao with gah then the rest of that clause. To finish the sentence I've added a couple words to make it smoother but you had the gist of it.

prung-ni-chao, pom ja bpai duu nang, lao gah pom ja bpai tii bri-sin-ii. Long jak nan, pom ja glab baan.

Hope that's helpful.

...Lung jark nun...

what do those last three words mean? thank you very much.

translates= after, from, that

but means = after that, after which

(changed spelling is mine, but it's phonetical so one's spelling isn't better than the others')

Edited by misterme