Just out from ChaengWattana: after 1 COVID Extension, another extension not required (April 30th Confirmed)

1 hour ago, ANDREW999 said:

Thanks a lot pal! We are in similar situations (dates and passport), and I have been also said I dont need to go back with another letter. Our embassy doesnt provide letters anymore. They say we dont need it

Which Embassy said this?

until immigration put out an official black and white letter i prefer not to take chances like this, since they tell us to report better do as the stamp most of us got is under consideration not approval - failure to do so will face a huge overstay fine since we signed the overstay form 

1 minute ago, renz said:

until immigration put out an official black and white letter i prefer not to take chances like this, since they tell us to report better do as the stamp most of us got is under consideration not approval - failure to do so will face a huge overstay fine since we signed the overstay form 

@renz Note that the OP and myself ALREADY went back to imm office on specified date after under consideration stamp. If you havent yet, you better do so in case

As I noted on another thread I had a similar experience at KK immigration in that I was essentially told that it is not necessary to show up for a second Covid extension. I do however highly recommend that people who just have a consideration stamp do actually show up at their immigration office and make the first Covid extension official. That "should" put you into the visa amnesty category. 

Edited by Benitostacos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ANDREW999 said:

@renz Note that the OP and myself ALREADY went back to imm office on specified date after under consideration stamp. If you havent yet, you better do so in case

correct, the OP had a stamp and date of "Permission to Stay" not "under consideration" which was his previous stamp

I think it is now clear that those with an "under consideration" stamp do need to return on the date specified and get a PTS stamp

I suspect there will be many that don't realise this

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, smedly said:

correct, the OP had a stamp and date of "Permission to Stay" not "under consideration" which was his previous stamp

I think it is now clear that those with an "under consideration" stamp do need to return on the date specified and get a PTS stamp

I suspect there will be many that don't realise this

Just bumping your post. Early on with all this I was thinking "under consideration" meant you had a "permission of stay".

I was wrong. With that stamp from "covid second extension" you need report back to imm. 

So follow advice from Smedly above.

13 minutes ago, TherealG said:

So I'm here on a 30 day tourist stamp it expires the 17th so do I still need to go to immigration before that for the 30 day extension? 

What happens after the 30th 

Thanks

Since your visa expires after March 26th you should have automatic amnesty until April 30th. As far as after the 30th, your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully there will be another automatic extension.

• Thanks 1

Yes.  If you have an under consideration stamp in April.  You should go back.  I plan to go back on 23rd of April for my under consideration.   I will get another more days till May 3rd.  Heck, things change a lot.  That few extra days might be very handy.