New Central Divide On Sukumvit

Pattayapope

The new "planted" central divide on Sukumvit is getting populated with thousands of trees and plants to give added attraction to visitors to Pattaya. For me though I think it is an accidient waiting to happen... the new miny hills will be perfect to launch a speeding out of control vehicle across the central divide into the oncoming traffic and cause loss of inocent life for any vehicle traveling in the other direction. Vehicles almost daily ended up crashing thru the old barriers so it is only a matter of time before it happens.

The ditch that used to devide the lanes also collected plenty of rainwater. On Tuesday Sukhumvit was flooded near Index to a point where I was afraid to start floating with my Jazz.

Driving up Soi Siam Country Club I actually started floating for a moment... :o

The ditch that used to devide the lanes also collected plenty of rainwater. On Tuesday Sukhumvit was flooded near Index to a point where I was afraid to start floating with my Jazz.

Driving up Soi Siam Country Club I actually started floating for a moment... :o

Sure it wasn't an 'out of body' experience!! :D

The wackiest thing they did recently was painting the chicane on the road surface just past the Naklua traffic lights when driving into Pattaya coming from Bangkok.

Trying to drive between the lines at 90 km/h needed the road holding capacity of a four-wheel drive rally car :o

Going to the left was rather possible, but going to the right behind the U-turn would be a big no-no since everybody just drove straight crossing all the lines in the process. If somebody tried following the lines they would simply smack into the car on their left...

They did that to be able to open up the U-turn again, which by now is closed again...

The wackiest thing they did recently was painting the chicane on the road surface just past the Naklua traffic lights when driving into Pattaya coming from Bangkok.

Trying to drive between the lines at 90 km/h needed the road holding capacity of a four-wheel drive rally car :o

Going to the left was rather possible, but going to the right behind the U-turn would be a big no-no since everybody just drove straight crossing all the lines in the process. If somebody tried following the lines they would simply smack into the car on their left...

They did that to be able to open up the U-turn again, which by now is closed again...

who bothers about painted lines anyways? Easiest way to cause a crash if you actually follow the lanes painted on the road unless they are straight....