Local German news agency praises Thailand for efficiently coping with COVID-19

snoop1130

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Germans don't wear masks. It is considered "culturally unacceptable" (Christian Drosten, virologist at Berlin's Charite Hospital and adviser to the federal government) You cannot buy masks. At the time the article was written Germans would scoff at you if you were wearing a mask. 

There is no public dispensing of hand sanitizer in Germany. 

There is no public education about the outbreak like in Thailand,  where public announcements and videos are everywhere. But plenty of fake news about the virus on German YouTube.

Frequency of trains and public transport has been reduced because occupancy was too low. 

Travel is de facto unrestricted. People visit the beaches of the Baltic, and the valleys in the Alps are crowded. It is no problem at all to travel from Vienna to Constance, staying there with friends and their old parents,  then traveling to Brandenburg to visit your old mom, then to Munich to visit your grandparents - criss-crossing all over Germany. 

Infected doctors keep working.

Okay...sources, please!

You are talking absolut BS- very clearly visible by your last remark!

NOTHING of what you are saying is true!

On 4/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, moontang said:

That means so much, because the Sgermans are the smartest and cleanest people in the universe..just ask them.

I wanted to end my last post with this quote. 

I didn't dare to do it. 

You can see from the reactions to my last post how right you are.

Edited by uhuh

About the masks: Drosten said more than once in his podcast that masks are not acceptable in Germany for cultural reasons. 

The article was written on March 6. At that time,  people in the streets of Munich would make disparaging remarks at you if they see you wearing a mask. Some people I know hid their mask behind a scarf (and still do it today) because they are shy/afraid. 

Today this doesn't happen anymore. Maybe 2 out of 50 people wear a mask in public. 

It has been impossible to buy masks for a long time. 

Germans went to court and the court allowed them to visit the Baltic sea beaches.  It was all over the news in Germany. 

The first weekend of the so-called lock-down, hordes of day-trippers from Munich visited the towns of Oberstdorf and Tegernsee in the Alps. The summits were crowded.  The mayors of the towns were forced by the state governor, Mr Soeder, to accept this. All newspapers in Munich reported.

The trip from Vienna to Constance, visiting and staying with friends in Constance, then going on to Brandenburg  and Munich, is the trip of a German medical student I know very well. Right now the person is still in Constance. As a medical student,  this person takes Covid19 much more serious than most other Germans. 

The partner of this person travelled from Berlin to Vienna so they could make their trip to Constance together.

Infected doctors keep working in many Covid19 hotspots, not only in Germany. This is very normal in Europe, and in other countries too.

A privatized city hospital in Munich (Helios Pasing) and another one nearby (in Dachau) had to be closed,  too many staff and patients were infected. 

One doctor I know of is technically not infected - her son is infected,  her husband is infected, she doesn't get tested,  so she is "not infected". Her patients are high-risk, btw.

8 hours ago, uhuh said:

Back to the topic of this thread:

Many Germans I know stay put in Thailand and don't fly home, they feel safer here. Voting with their feet...

Do you have one shred of evidxence for the complete and utter BS you are posting here?

Didn't think so!

11 hours ago, uhuh said:

The trip from Vienna to Constance, visiting and staying with friends in Constance, then going on to Brandenburg  and Munich, is the trip of a German medical student I know very well.

I know a man who knows a man.... What a BS!

Realtity check:

"Travellers without a valid reason are prohibited entry"

More in the original language:

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/aktuelles/einreiseregeln-coronavirus-1739526

And by the way: There are huge numbers of tests made day by day in Germany. We even have drive-by test stations now. People widely practise social distancing.

There's still a lack of masks, hand sanitizers and protective closing all over the country like in most other western countries. Even we who are working in the medical system cannot get sufficient supplies right now but that's the backside of globalisation and the shortage won't last much longer.

The persons traveling are German citizens. So, of course they can enter Germany coming from Austria.  Why they are allowed to cross the whole of Austria, why they can cross many state lines inside Germany, criss-cross the whole country, and why they are sure they will be allowed back to Austria,  I don't know. 

Fortunately,  here in Thailand we have a semblance of law and order. 

Yes, they did huge numbers of tests in Germany. Noone ever doubted this.  They have run out of equipment, though.  At the moment Germany is short of cotton swabs. If you could please spare some...Oh, Thai customs doesn't let them out of the country. As well as masks, you cannot send them to Germany, even if you were willing to help.

If you blame Germany for the lack of (low tech) equipment, you have to blame any western country. This is a matter of globalisation and the following supply chaines, nothing else.

And don't forget to blame Thailand. They were in exactly the same sotuation a couple of weeks ago. Before I left LoS on March 20, there werde no masks available in Bangkok and Pattaya and even nationwide I guess.

Funnily, when I left through Savanabhumi, I had to take both hands on their fingerprint scanner. No hand sanitizer somewhere around. Everybody outside Thailand knows, that strictly followed hygiene rules are by far more important than masks with their questionable sense.

That made my day!  ????

17 hours ago, uhuh said:

The persons traveling are German citizens. So, of course they can enter Germany coming from Austria.  Why they are allowed to cross the whole of Austria, why they can cross many state lines inside Germany, criss-cross the whole country, and why they are sure they will be allowed back to Austria,  I don't know. 

Yes, they did huge numbers of tests in Germany. Noone ever doubted this.  They have run out of equipment, though.  At the moment Germany is short of cotton swabs. If you could please spare some...Oh, Thai customs doesn't let them out of the country. As well as masks, you cannot send them to Germany, even if you were willing to help.

"Fortunately,  here in Thailand we have a semblance of law and order. " 

...and with just one sentence, you destroyed the tinies shred of credibility you may have had left!

...which was kinda none to begin with!

5 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Everybody outside Thailand knows, that strictly followed hygiene rules are by far more important than masks with their questionable sense.

Asians believe in masks (Taiwan,  Hong Kong,  Singapore,  China,  Korea,  Thailand).

Westerners rather die.

36 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Asians believe in masks (Taiwan,  Hong Kong,  Singapore,  China,  Korea,  Thailand).

Westerners rather die.

I guess they don't want to look like Saracen assassins. Crusades and all that jazz. In Asia ninjas are popular.