SCB refusing a foreigner to enter

This bank manager at the Tha Muang branch of in Kanchanaburi allegedly refused a customer to enter his bank just because he’s a foreigner. This is clearly racial discrimination. Is this their national policy? If so, I will be closing my account #COVID19 #Thailand
  • Sad 1

You'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face, and the manager, or the bank won't lose any sleep over it. 

Just suck it up. 

Yes, Thais can be quite insular, but they can also be very warm. 

Sometimes it gets me down being a stranger in a foreign land, but at the end of the day, it's better than th UK, and you could always use a atm.... They can be very friendly to foreigners ????

Edited by northsouthdevide

It says foreigners are not allowed to enter, this would be xenophobic and not racist.

There are of course many details missing.

Did the foreigner refuse to wear a facemask? (We had a similar thread a week or two ago where somebody was not allowed into a shop due to not having a mask).

Is the foreigner a customer at this branch?

In general i think a private business should be allowed to choose with who to conduct business. If somebody isn't their customer already they should be allowed to refuse him, for any reason. In case he is an existing customer then i would consider this as wrong doing by the manager. In case he has his money with this branch and they refuse to let him withdraw his money then i would call it embezzlement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

It says foreigners are not allowed to enter, this would be xenophobic and not racist.

There are of course many details missing.

Did the foreigner refuse to wear a facemask? (We had a similar thread a week or two ago where somebody was not allowed into a shop due to not having a mask).

Is the foreigner a customer at this branch?

In general i think a private business should be allowed to choose with who to conduct business. If somebody isn't their customer already they should be allowed to refuse him, for any reason. In case he is an existing customer then i would consider this as wrong doing by the manager. In case he has his money with this branch and they refuse to let him withdraw his money then i would call it embezzlement.

Do you think "private businesses" should be allowed to choose who they serve based on race or nationality ?

bank manager in Kanchanaburi allegedly refused a customer just because he’s a foreigner......

I was told this by the Noodle lady.......................:coffee1:

Edited by sanuk711
  • Haha 2

I am closing this based on "hearsay" there are no facts here that I can see, and whilst Richard Barrow may be a credible source there are still no facts, only "a foreigner" and this article IS scaremongering and possibly incite racial tension.

CLOSED.

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Thanks 2