Update Jomtien Immigration

If you have regular business that can be done this month, do it now.

Today at Khon Kaen immigration 10 AM. A couple sitting at one desk and one guy at the waiting area.

One officer sitting, chatting, simply doing nothing. After 5 min hitting the button for another queue ticket that does not show up. Then back to idle :cheesy:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you have regular business that can be done this month, do it now.

Today at Khon Kaen immigration 10 AM. A couple sitting at one desk and one guy at the waiting area.

One officer sitting, chatting, simply doing nothing. After 5 min hitting the button for another queue ticket that does not show up. Then back to idle :cheesy:

I needed to call Udon Thani immigration yesterday, they said the same thing, “come for your extension we are not busy”

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Why did you do that??? 90 day reporting has been suspended!

I'm due the 24 of this month and I will probably do it in Jomtien as well to avoid having to rush to immigration when the suspension is lifted.

And yes, I tried online and it's not working for me.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, prb said:

I'm due the 24 of this month and I will probably do it in Jomtien as well to avoid having to rush to immigration when the suspension is lifted.

There will be time to do it after a announcement is made that the emergency decree is ending on a certain date.

20 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

did it because it was easier for me to do it now instead of wondering and worrying about when it would be due, along with the hundreds of others in the same boat.

Easy to do it now, just keep right to the tent, sit down, wait 5 minutes, take your passport and leave.

No crowd at all ... now ????

5 hours ago, prb said:

And yes, I tried online and it's not working for me.

You do know that you can report -15 days to +7 days counting from the Due date? This is when doing it in person. 

Is it obvious that if Visa exempt, VOA, and TVs are removed from the scene, immigration offices will be less crowded and result in faster processing? I think it's time for Thailand for automation of TVs and their extensions. Why one has to go to an IO for a TV extension. Just do it online and increase the extension fee by 1000 BHT to cover initial capital investment. 

12 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Is it obvious that if Visa exempt, VOA, and TVs are removed from the scene, immigration offices will be less crowded and result in faster processing? I think it's time for Thailand for automation of TVs and their extensions. Why one has to go to an IO for a TV extension. Just do it online and increase the extension fee by 1000 BHT to cover initial capital investment. 

Exactly. Just phone it in on your mobile with a selfie.

56 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

There are many easy options, but it looks like they don't want to change it.

The easiest one would be to just scrap tourist visa extensions at all.

To allow tourists to spend more than 60 days per entry they could just issue 90 days on entry with a tourist visa (they could increase the fees for the visa to recoup the losses from the extensions).

I found this on the chonburi immigration page:

http://www.immchonburi.go.th/main/pdf/good-news-en.pdf

Edited by jackdd