Unable to Transfer for US bank to BKK Bank in New York

I heard that there was going to be some changes when using a Bangkok Bank routing number.

Up until recently I was able to transfer money from my US bank to Bangkok Bank in New York.

Now I am unable to make a transfer.

Has anyone else having this same problem?

Is there a new procedure to transfer money from a US bank account to Bangkok Bank in New York?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

well as far as I know this had been planned to be disabled in April 2019 (if my memory serves correctly)

rather sure no one here works for Bangkok Bank so you might want to ask them instead

either way, you are likely to get the answer that it has been disabled and then you would probably want to look into using Transferwise

BBL New York can not process ACH transfers unless they are in international format (which US banks do not do for private banking customers).  What most people use now is Transferwise - for normal transfers up to a few thousand they work well and higher than normal exchange rate pays most of the fee.

For higher amounts it may be cost effective to use SWIFT international wire transfer from your bank - making sure they send USD and not do currency conversion themselves.

Edited by lopburi3

Unless sent in ACH "IAT" format Bangkok Bank will reject ACH transfers from US financial institutions.   No known US financial institutions use ACH "IAT" format for a typical ACH transfer; instead, they use ACH Domestic format.  This policy was suppose to go into effect 1 Apr 2019 but Bangkok Bank extended it several times till late 2019. 

Summary: ACH transfers from US banks to Bangkok Bank from US banks is now something for the history books unless sending in ACH "IAT" format.  But you can still do a Wire/SWIFT transfer no problem as that a completely different transfer system from ACH....or use money transfer services like Transferwise, OFX, etc.