spouses of Thai citizens can enter Thailand??

If you cannot travel to your family in Thailand, how about the other way? If a Thai spouse has the valid paperwork for Farangland, are they allowed to fly out to Farangland? My country allows spouses / family to travel to my country in order to unite family. If you have a Thai child, you need to get a permission from Amphur (fake knowledge or true?) to travel out + the IOs often ask sketchy questions to Thai women flying out.

12 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

If you cannot travel to your family in Thailand, how about the other way? If a Thai spouse has the valid paperwork for Farangland, are they allowed to fly out to Farangland? My country allows spouses / family to travel to my country in order to unite family. If you have a Thai child, you need to get a permission from Amphur (fake knowledge or true?) to travel out + the IOs often ask sketchy questions to Thai women flying out.

There is no restrictions for leaving the country for anybody if they can get a flight out and are allowed to enter the country where they are traveling to.

The mother of a Thai child does not need permission to take their child out of the country.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

farangland in lockdown. Boring as. Thailand may open up in May. Farangland will take longer.

Incorrect. In the EU most countries allow "repatriation" of foreigners who are spouses of natives. E.g. Lufthansa, Qatar still fly to my and neighboring countries. People think the airports are locked and no one is coming in, which is wrong,

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no restrictions for leaving the country for anybody if they can get a flight out and are allowed to enter the country where they are traveling to.

The mother of a Thai child does not need permission to take their child out of the country.

Thanks, have to ask my wife about that. She was convinced she needs the paper from the Amphur like "last time."

12 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

Incorrect. In the EU most countries allow "repatriation" of foreigners who are spouses of natives. E.g. Lufthansa, Qatar still fly to my and neighboring countries. People think the airports are locked and no one is coming in, which is wrong,

huh?

I never mentioned flights

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Anyone know when the Thai/Cambodia land borders are scheduled to open? Last I heard it was April 18 but then the flights ban was extended so now it's a bit unclear on land borders.

Cambodia is pretty much closed as well until the 30th. I think it may be extended then.

CAMBODIA – published 31.03.2020
1. All visa exemptions, visas on arrival and e-visas are suspended until 30 April 2020.
2. All foreigners must:
a. have a medical certificate, issued by competent health authorities of their country no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel, certifying that they are not tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID - 19); and
b. have proof of insurance policy with minimum medical coverage of fifty thousand US dollars.
- This does not apply to passengers with diplomatic visa (Visa A) or official visa (Visa B) issued by Cambodia.
3. Passengers upon arrival will be subject to a health risk assessment and screened by the government. They will also be subject to a mandatory isolation/quarantine.
4. Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia.
- This does not apply to nationals and residents of Cambodia.
5. Nationals and residents of Cambodia, diplomats and officials of foreign embassies and international organizations and their family members who have a Diplomatic Visa Type A and Official Visa Type B who live or have been in France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA in the past 14 days will be quarantine for 14 days.
- This does not apply to airline crew.

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

For here I don't think the borders will not open any time soon.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Cambodia is pretty much closed as well until the 30th. I think it may be extended then.

CAMBODIA – published 31.03.2020
1. All visa exemptions, visas on arrival and e-visas are suspended until 30 April 2020.
2. All foreigners must:
a. have a medical certificate, issued by competent health authorities of their country no more than 72 hours prior to the date of travel, certifying that they are not tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID - 19); and
b. have proof of insurance policy with minimum medical coverage of fifty thousand US dollars.
- This does not apply to passengers with diplomatic visa (Visa A) or official visa (Visa B) issued by Cambodia.
3. Passengers upon arrival will be subject to a health risk assessment and screened by the government. They will also be subject to a mandatory isolation/quarantine.
4. Passengers arriving from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA are not allowed to enter Cambodia.
- This does not apply to nationals and residents of Cambodia.
5. Nationals and residents of Cambodia, diplomats and officials of foreign embassies and international organizations and their family members who have a Diplomatic Visa Type A and Official Visa Type B who live or have been in France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain or USA in the past 14 days will be quarantine for 14 days.
- This does not apply to airline crew.

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

For here I don't think the borders will not open any time soon.

OK thanks Joe, yes I had that info, but it is pretty old info, so I was just asking about any updates thanks. There is a section about Cambodia nationals and it seems to allow passage if they haven't been to the five listed countries. But the borders are physically closed at the moment (except for some big trucks) and I was asking when the borders would allow passage of people.

20 hours ago, UbonThani said:

farangland in lockdown. Boring as. Thailand may open up in May. Farangland will take longer.

Open Los to quick and that could be a huge mistake especially if it is for economic reasons. Many Thai people just will not conform to rules, either they are to stupid or they consider themselves  to be hi-so due to continually being told at school how clever they are, PM if you get the relaxation wrong and we will be back in isolation, thereafter who knows what will happen.

They are opening up some land borders for Thais stuck in neighboring countries.

Apparently diplomats and work permit holders will be allowed back in too.

But foreign husbands or wives/ fathers or mothers of Thai nationals can stay where they are, as they have no rights in Thailand....

Edited by cornishcarlos