Sherawood or similar : need your help

Rv Hawee

Good afternoon guys !

I need your help ! There was, few months ago, a topic about  covering a inside/outside wall of a house with Shera plank for insulation;

There was several answer and  advises and i promised myself to back on reading it  ASAP because it was interesting for my situation.

Then... i can't find back this topic. I am pretty sure 95% it was on ThaiVisa Forum but until now i have been unlucky.

So allow me to ask again :

I would like covert the outside wall of my old house (little red brick covered  with cement) with plank, instead of only painting it. Would it be good for heat insulation ?

I know they have particular plank for outside use, but it was more probable  about the regular one (cheaper?) and pneumatic nail gun in the orginal topic(?).

I would like do the same thing for interior wall, will it be helpful too or will need to also  use the same king of almuminium sheet they use for roof ?

Any answer, advise will be welcome !

Stay safe@home !

18 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

I would like covert the outside wall of my old house (little red brick covered  with cement) with plank, instead of only painting it. Would it be good for heat insulation ?

No. It has little to no insulation value. However the method of construction could assist.

20 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

I know they have particular plank for outside use, but it was more probable  about the regular one (cheaper?) and pneumatic nail gun in the orginal topic(?).

The planks are far too brittle to be nailed you have to use screws

22 minutes ago, Rv Hawee said:

I would like do the same thing for interior wall, will it be helpful too or will need to also  use the same king of almuminium sheet they use for roof ?

You can certainly use them inside, the same information is still true they have virtually no insulation value and have to be fixed with screws. You can add insulation between the planks and wall.

We have decorative Shera planking on parts of out home.

Zero measurable effect on insulation.

It is all nailed, even that attached the thin steel subframe of our soffits. High-pressure air-nailer and hardened concrete nails.

I've even air-nailed the 25mm thick Shera decking without splitting.

But, there are Shera look-alikes which may not take so well to being nailed.

• Like 1

@Crossy : did you install the planck side by side or the begening of each covering the end of the previous like on the vdo posted by Fruit Trader.

PS Your sentence remember me something, it was maybe  in the post i was looking for. ????

The planks are the type that overlap, nailed in the hidden section to fix with one or two in the visible bit "to stop the wind getting in", the small holes when filled and painted are invisible.

You do need a proper air-nailer, the electric ones don't cut the mustard.

• Like 1