How soon would you get a covid 19 vaccine shot?

Brunolem

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

never. but unfortunately I think it will be a requirement for visas. 

Not to worry, we probably won't see a vaccine anytime soon, especially here. 

When and if it comes, the West will happily test it for us... 

• Sad 1

@Brunolem, can you please post a link your your claim that:

"Years ago, a vaccine was developed against SARS 1, the coronavirus that struck Asia in 2003.

The tests were far from conclusive, with the vaccine having dangerous side effects."

This is not what I have read, which is that they started to try and develop a vaccine but the SARS outbreak died away quickly and there was no incentive to continue the work so there is no vaccine against SARS-COV1.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3051853/there-was-no-vaccine-sars-or-mers-will-there-be-one-new

3 minutes ago, Guderian said:

@Brunolem, can you please post a link your your claim that:

"Years ago, a vaccine was developed against SARS 1, the coronavirus that struck Asia in 2003.

The tests were far from conclusive, with the vaccine having dangerous side effects."

This is not what I have read, which is that they started to try and develop a vaccine but the SARS outbreak died away quickly and there was no incentive to continue the work so there is no vaccine against SARS-COV1.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3051853/there-was-no-vaccine-sars-or-mers-will-there-be-one-new

What you post doesn't contradict what I wrote.

Work on SARS 1 specifically may have slowed down, but research on vaccines against coronaviruses in general has been going on, and has proved difficult because, among other things, these viruses have a tendency to mutate a lot.

For a link, as soon as you type SARS 1 vaccine in Google, you will get plenty of answers confirming what I wrote.

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

My Mother's cousin did not trust/believe in the polio vaccine in the 50's. 

She got polio and spent the rest of her life in a wheelchair.

Not sure how many virologists or infectious disease experts we have here in ThaiVisa, but as always everyone has their uninformed opinions - 5555

I respect everyone's Free Will though, be safe out there 

Silly comparison. 2 totally different things.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

What you post doesn't contradict what I wrote.

Work on SARS 1 specifically may have slowed down, but research on vaccines against coronaviruses in general has been going on, and has proved difficult because, among other things, these viruses have a tendency to mutate a lot.

For a link, as soon as you type SARS 1 vaccine in Google, you will get plenty of answers confirming what I wrote.

Doctors say tb vaccine can provide 30% protection against a range of things. So a corona vaccine at 50% if possible stops death in many cases. No vaccine is 100%. It's just like a seat belt.

I would take the vaccine as long as my doctor allows it. I am immunosuppressed and just cannot get the infection. I am also the wrong age.

As long as there is no vaccine or some other therapy (such as an anti-body product), I will have to isolate. Otherwise I will get the virus and the chances of me pulling through are very very marginal. Even if I pulled through, there is a possibility of morbidity too.

Good luck to all those anti-vaxers out there but I know what I would do.

7 hours ago, Brunolem said:
Years ago, a vaccine was developed against SARS 1, the coronavirus that struck Asia in 2003.

The tests were far from conclusive, with the vaccine having dangerous side effects.

Since then, not much progress has been accomplished with vaccines against coronaviruses in general.

Yet, we are repeatedly told about a vaccine against the actual SARS-CoV-2 (Covid 19) coming within 12 to 18 months.

Developing a new vaccine generally requires 5 to 10 years, so getting one within 1 year or so would probably involve cutting a few corners, a strategy that didn't do any good to Boeing, its 737 Max, and especially its passengers...

So, assuming that a vaccine against the SARS 2 coronavirus was indeed available within 12 to 18 months, would you want to be among the first to get a shot, or would you rather let others take their chances and wait to see how things evolve?

Personally, the sooner a vaccine would be available, the longer I would wait...

There are NO SAFE vaccines. The legal definition of vaccines in the United States is “unavoidably unsafe”, as declared by the courts. There are no clinical trials measuring the difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated - apparently the sanctity of vaccines is so entrenched that any study including the unvaccinated is considered unethical.

Just some of the ingredients in the the varicella vaccine : sucrose (sugar), hydrolyzed gelatin, urea, sodium chloride, monosodium L-glutamate (aka MSG), sodium phosphate dibasic, potassium phosphate monobasic, potassium chloride, residual components of MRC-5 cells (human diploid cell cultures/human DNA, protein), neomycin (an antibiotic), bovine calf serum, sodium phosphate monobasic, EDTA, fetal bovine serum.

Some vaccines contain ethyl mercury (thimerosal) and or aluminum adjuvants, which are neurotoxins in isolation but when used in combination, even more damaging. Apparently the amount is so small, it’s safe as houses but we are injecting this stuff into babies and infants who do not have fully developed blood brain barriers or immune systems!

The effectiveness of a vaccine in a drug trial does not refer to how well it prevents disease but how well it fares in temporarily raising antibodies. “We thought that vaccines work just like natural immunity. Well, apparently they don’t and we are now reaping the consequences of that.” ~Tetyana Obukhanych PhD, research immunologist.

7 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Had the flu vaccine once didnt work very well.

Prob just keep zinc up and wash hands.

Vaccines are false sense of security

Tell that to the thousands who would have died from smallpox, cervical cancer etc 

I forgot polio 

Edited by peterb17
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

When a vaccine comes out ,I need to see what my options are before I can answer that question. Way too many unknowns now to answer that . 

What are my treatment options? What are my prospects for a relatively easy recovery if infected? etc

If it is required for travel I would be the first on line. I am not spending another year in the US, as nice as it is there. 

Me too, but I want to see what reactions occur for another reason, I have severe recurring bronchitis and some years back when I had a flu injection I had a severe reaction which really laid me low for some time and about 3 months to recover from.

However If there's very little reactions recorder to the Covid 19 virus I'll do it. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Developing a new vaccine generally requires 5 to 10 years, so getting one within 1 year or so would probably involve cutting a few corners, a strategy that didn't do any good to Boeing, its 737 Max, and especially its passengers...

I have heard from several scientific sources that one of the vaccines being trialed and further developed in the Netherlands from work from Queensland Medical Institute, where they have continued to work on a SARS1 vaccine, is building on the knowledge gained in past decade of research. That is why they are hopeful of positive results in 12-18 months.

I've never had a flu shot and I intend to be hesitant and cautious about the Covid 19 vaccination until I have enough data to make an intelligent decision.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

There are NO SAFE vaccines. The legal definition of vaccines in the United States is “unavoidably unsafe”, as declared by the courts. There are no clinical trials measuring the difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated - apparently the sanctity of vaccines is so entrenched that any study including the unvaccinated is considered unethical.

Just some of the ingredients in the the varicella vaccine : sucrose (sugar), hydrolyzed gelatin, urea, sodium chloride, monosodium L-glutamate (aka MSG), sodium phosphate dibasic, potassium phosphate monobasic, potassium chloride, residual components of MRC-5 cells (human diploid cell cultures/human DNA, protein), neomycin (an antibiotic), bovine calf serum, sodium phosphate monobasic, EDTA, fetal bovine serum.

Some vaccines contain ethyl mercury (thimerosal) and or aluminum adjuvants, which are neurotoxins in isolation but when used in combination, even more damaging. Apparently the amount is so small, it’s safe as houses but we are injecting this stuff into babies and infants who do not have fully developed blood brain barriers or immune systems!

The effectiveness of a vaccine in a drug trial does not refer to how well it prevents disease but how well it fares in temporarily raising antibodies. “We thought that vaccines work just like natural immunity. Well, apparently they don’t and we are now reaping the consequences of that.” ~Tetyana Obukhanych PhD, research immunologist.

Impossible to read

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

What like Bill Gates' polio "vaccine" in India that injured and killed 490,000 children.

Proof please?, Peer reviewed scientific links

Considering there has been a polio vaccine since the early 60s, and then it went to oral, called Sabin 

The number wrongly claimed in the now verified incorrect report was 47,000 not 490,000.

The central claim — that Bill and Melinda Gates’ polio efforts caused “47,500 cases of paralysis death” — is false. It’s based on an editorial in the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics. The editorial said 47,500 new cases of non-polio AFP reported in India in 2011 was “directly proportional” to doses of OPV administered there. The statistic was used to argue the larger point that donor funded “disease-specific” projects should be dropped in favor of community-oriented primary health care programs.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/bill-and-melinda-gates-polio-efforts-paralyzed-47500-kids/

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have heard from several scientific sources that one of the vaccines being trialed and further developed in the Netherlands from work from Queensland Medical Institute, where they have continued to work on a SARS1 vaccine, is building on the knowledge gained in past decade of research. That is why they are hopeful of positive results in 12-18 months.

But then there is the long process of trials, not to mention the approval by the public authorities.

In theory, a vaccine could be ready for trials within a year.

But having millions, or even billions of doses ready to be injected to everyone in such short notice would be impossible.

18 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

There is no vaccine against cancer, which is not caused by a virus...

There is vaccine to prevent the  HP virus which often leads to cervical cancer.

Developed in Australia.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/adult-hpv-vaccine-guidelines#1

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

But then there is the long process of trials, not to mention the approval by the public authorities.

In theory, a vaccine could be ready for trials within a year.

But having millions, or even billions of doses ready to be injected to everyone in such short notice would be impossible.

They in are phase 1 trials now, apparently .

15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Proof please?, Peer reviewed scientific links

Considering there has been a polio vaccine since the early 60s, and then it went to oral, called Sabin 

https://www.naturalnews.com/035588_polio_vaccine_India_paralysis.html?fbclid=IwAR3PInmXnFOjaCCu3-XvjZsw26NL_dk5GAUkwXhs98GNxV8yxmKNuv1ZN-o#ixzz1sPSBlWN8

Pseudoscience level of this website: quackery

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/natural-news/?fbclid=IwAR06i9mHGHU4f2IMx1Dy8b60fYkA2__MO-ufIlwYo6M1y5iSbsnhRnGR0VQ

There will be no peer reviewed articles supporting any such claim. Unfortunately, many people have no critical thinking skills and will believe any ond website they come across. 

Not being told there will be a vaccine in 12 - 18 month.

Being told it will likely be at least that long.

Big difference.

If/when there is a vaccine, its roll out will take a long time and have to be rationed/prioritized.

The scenario of people trying to force everyone to get the vaccine is far from the way this is going to unfold. On the contrary there will be huge demand that takes years to fully meet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

This is the crux of it all, first they must develop a vaccine that is as safe as it can be and secondly mass produce it.

The first batches would be administered to those at most risk and it would filter down to the least risk, which could take years.

There is a lot of hysteria surrounding this virus, whether or not it is founded or not I do not know, however, it is possible it will lead to vaccination certificates needed for travel, similar to yellow fever used to be.

Personally, I am not keen on being the guinea pig for a while.........

16 minutes ago, DavisH said:

https://www.naturalnews.com/035588_polio_vaccine_India_paralysis.html?fbclid=IwAR3PInmXnFOjaCCu3-XvjZsw26NL_dk5GAUkwXhs98GNxV8yxmKNuv1ZN-o#ixzz1sPSBlWN8

Pseudoscience level of this website: quackery

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/natural-news/?fbclid=IwAR06i9mHGHU4f2IMx1Dy8b60fYkA2__MO-ufIlwYo6M1y5iSbsnhRnGR0VQ

There will be no peer reviewed articles supporting any such claim. Unfortunately, many people have no critical thinking skills and will believe any ond website they come across. 

The fact that on the lead page of one of the those sites, they advertise "colloidal silver" rang alarm bells for me.