Thai provinces extend ban on alcohol sales

webfact

8 hours ago, fourpack said:

If this so called By you Childish ban saves one person from getting Covid-19 . Then it's achieved its aim

Really? I assumed the aim was to make us all even more miserable than we already are.

Using your logic, they might as  well ban alcohol permanently, as many more people in Thailand will die from the effects of imbibing the stuff than from the wretched virus.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fourpack said:

Didn't think you would sit and think about it. But not to worry

I am more confused as to why TVF, which has been plying its trade for so many years does not have an emoji (Reaction) category for W**ker, which is one I would have used on many previous occasions had it been an option, but when or ever if it arrives I will gladly dedicate my first utilisation of to you, because I think it would perfectly describe my feelings towards the provider of each and every comment you produce!  My frustration on this matter leads me to think of a description which would be deleted if I wrote the text! :cheesy:...Don't Ya know? :wai:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Because of the excessive number of irresponsible adults who will get drunk congregate and attract more irresponsible adults.

A visit to local worker camps and rented land slums will provide clues to why alcohol should be limited in these times.

And because low educated male Thais (the majority of Thailand), whilst getting poorer and jobless, will get drunk, start beating their wifes, then take the guns, swords and other things they own, and go in the streets to rob and kill for money.

Hopefully, it will not be as bad as in Indonesia (see below).

Screenshot_20200417-162015_WhatsApp.jpg

Edited by lkv
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Have you tried making your own Bailey's yet?

It tastes exactly the same, and at a fraction of the price.

Of course if you're incredibly wealthy you probably won't need to make the effort.

oh, I like to learn, please teach me, with only a blender you'll don't have Baily, so what do I need more?

4 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

jees, good, falang drunkers go home not like stay thailand hahahaha. but good have banned, and important all bkk,pattaya ,phuket,hua hin tourist places first. and i hope have banned next 2 year.

Well, you really know how to make friends, not..........

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wine refrigerator is down to 20 bottles, 1/2 a case of Heineken left, and 2 and a half bottles of Baileys for my coffee.  I think I can make it to at least May 5th, or else I will need to stop my morning coffee with bailey's and just drink it over ice to extend out a little longer... 

I am down to three bottles of wine. Would you like to sale some of those bottles????? Figured it will last till the 20th, most for our Saturday evening meal. Now Nonthaburi may extend! Just kidding

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst I can see some reasoning to ban alcohol during Songkran, to stop wild parties and folks getting too close together etc . I am at a loss to see how banning alcohol, until the end of April,  will stop anyone getting Covid-19. By your reasoning banning alcohol permanently will stop some people getting the virus! How does that work??

This ban came about because a bunch of Thais sitting outside the 7/11s drinking at all hours of the night. The Thai police have no control over the people and can’t stop it. So, lets just ban the sale of alcohol. We have discussed this before, the lack of authority or respect for the police.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, djayz said:

As a permanent resident here now for 10 plus years with family, job, WP, etc., I am a member of the population. 

Believe me, you'll never be a member of the Thai populatiun, you come and go as a falang.

Im sorry to say, but that is reality.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Believe me, you'll never be a member of the Thai populatiun, you come and go as a falang.

Im sorry to say, but that is reality.

Yes. First mum, dad, brother, sister, grandad, grandma, uncle, aunty, any other thai, the dog THEN farang. 

Sadly true even though you have supported EVERY one of them for the last ten years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allen303 said:

This ban came about because a bunch of Thais sitting outside the 7/11s drinking at all hours of the night. The Thai police have no control over the people and can’t stop it. So, lets just ban the sale of alcohol. We have discussed this before, the lack of authority or respect for the police.

Naw! part of the agenda to reduce people to slaves so they have to beg to go to work so they can feed themselves and their families, they want nothing but total obedience from the masses -working out well for them so far!

Seriously how can anyone have any "respect" for the "Police" or authorities here? they are an insult to decent humanity!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, roger101 said:

Pattaya's Wan Lai is the 19th always has been, after that it's over.

Pattaya 19th, further south in Sattahip etc 20th. Extending 10 days beyond those dates makes it crystal clear it's nothing to do with Songkran. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fourpack said:

If this so called By you Childish ban saves one person from getting Covid-19 . Then it's achieved its aim

Lets ban cars, because if it stops even one car crash then its achieved its aim.  Are lives not more important than the convenience of cars?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allen303 said:

That lack of respect is what i admire most about Thais.  The west could learn a lot from them in this regard