Extension Of Stay Based On Marriage; Udon

Udon Thani immigration office.
Yesterday I went in for my extension which will finish in mid May

a few points that may be of interest.

There is a girl doing triage outside, if you don’t need to go in she will turn you away or tell you to have a seat while she goes in for you. (Example, you may not need to enter to get your extension stamp, but have to to submit the paperwork)

The office is not very busy, social distancing is enforced, my witness was required to wait outside until needed. At about 10am there was nobody being seen to so I had virtually no wait.

The STM2 form I posted earlier is correct. I did not ask for a blank application form.

There were 2 extra forms or summaries printed that SWMBO and I had to sign I didn’t take pictures of them.

Total time was under 1 hour.

I was not told to bring in my bank book again to prove funds so will not bother 

My under consideration stamp is for 60 days, I went in 30 days early it finishes 30 days after my extension. The date is exactly the same as last year though I applied about 2 weeks later last year.

I have a 90 day report date halfway through the under consideration period so if the exemption is extended I will not go in for that, though I may try to do it online.

TIT YMMV

Edited by sometimewoodworker

29 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I would still take it and the letter from the bank, just in case.

You may, I will not take the time to get and pay the money for a letter I have not been asked to bring.

i may bring my book but will certainly not produce it if not asked