Covid-19 can be contracted by touching objects

rooster59

6 hours ago, smedly said:

90 hours I believe is the expert advice

Cite your source. As in actual documented, proven data. It would take absolute perfect conditions in which the virus can be suspended in fluid at the necessary temp and humidity range, for 90 hrs. Let's see what you've got on that, because it would take ideal lab conditions staged in favor of keeping a virus viable outside of it's host. I'll save you some trouble, I've got a link to the actual lab work findings in regards to this particular virus and several others of the same variety, in regards to how long it can live post host. Let's see your data, and then I'll post mine. 

No <deleted>, Gee Thailand get up to date, if its on your hands your going to contaminant what ever you touch and i don't know why their only worried about bags i would be more worried about it on your clothes and spreading it.

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah and don't forget about those foods packed into the case then transported, unpacked in the stores put on shelves and then touched by the cashier as well. Even food cart people put the food into a plastic bag and then into a carry plastic bag.

BTW. USA has now basically proven the virus came from the Wuhan lab. So I wonder how the world is going to love the Chinese now? They should be charged in international court and then shunned left with the entire world sanctioning them. And to think this virus will now never go away is atrocious.

I heard that there was a theory that a lab assistant had ‘accidentally’ contaminated someone. Where did you read that the virus had been proven to have originated in a Wuhan lab?

7 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

...which is?

Oh let me guess: a 5G-company in Woohan has experimented with bacterial warfare and then spread the virus by Chemtrails, so the pedophiliac canibals from the NWO and Iluminati can take over America...right?

finally someone else that figured out the underlying truth about corona

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Once a week the maid goes get supplies with wife. They look like they're entering a BSL-4 lab. 

The problem maybe with that is that people may think you are all geared up to protect them from you rather than protect you from them.

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

So, those food deliveries are no safer then eating in a restaurant with proper distancing.

I beg to differ slightly,

While I have no control over the "food delivery method" I can protect myself by using adequate hygienic methods in my home, that means protection while handling/opening of packaging etc.

As for eating in restaurants as apposed to home I can guarantee my cutlery, plates, seating and tables are spotlessly clean... can you do that in a restaurant?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Starmocihc said:

Detectable, and viable aren't synonymous. Sorry.

was not insinuating it was, just posted the graph as published, read my other posts about viability of virus, the graph said detectable, nothing more nothing less

Edited by RJRS1301

10 hours ago, SkyFax said:

The problem maybe with that is that people may think you are all geared up to protect them from you rather than protect you from them.

All the better, then they keep proper distance. 

20 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm glad you are doing every that is being recommended but your wife and maid are out of the house once a week and whilst mitigating risks can still catch this damned virus. This woman alledges she self-isolated for three weeks which I doubt very very much. I'm pretty sure she popped out for food so how can she be sure she got this from a bag. That was my point.

Every excursion is a calculated risk, yes. And it's not just that, mail still comes, as well as deliveries from online shopping.

Not such a good idea scrapping those plastic bags in this situation. They could be disposed of immediately. 

We do have the capacity to do a complete lock-in for a couple of months, but I'm saving that resource for if the <deleted> truly hits the fan. I don't think so anymore, it seems the strain in Thailand causes mostly asymptomatic illness and the awareness and lockdowns will bring down R0. Still, stay home, stay safe, stay frosty.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:
11 hours ago, SkyFax said:

All the better, then they keep proper distance. 

Right -- the locals would be so happy to see a couple of COVID-positives out for their morning shopping.