The Mythical 5,000 Baht Payout. Where is it?

My sister in law got it last week. 5 other family members with legitimate jobs not received it with some vague reason. My wife says (And she says alot, so take it with a pinch of salt) that mainly people who are working in Bangkok and officially live in Bangkok are being supported. 

Seems they simply don't have enough money and just hand out to some.

Many many ...Have not received anything. They are also told various reasons why not - Lots of posts on Facebook - Factory worker told he was a farmer. Nurse with 2 children told she was a student..... Thai massage workers (proper with certificates from the government) ... Nothing ...

People were given 'reasons' for why they didn't get it so ask the people you know why they didn't get it. I had a friend complaining yesterday that his mother didn't receive it. He'd done the application for her and put her down as selling something or other. The refusal gave the reason she's a farmer. And funnily enough she actually is a farmer and not entitled.

So, while the whole thing is obviously a clusterf**k, there are people complaining about not getting something they shouldn't be getting anyway. He also told me his mother could get some kind of relief as a farmer but needs a green book for that. I've no idea idea what a green book is - he seems to think she can get one but just too much hassle at the moment. 

My UK based daughter lost her job 4 weeks ago, She applied for her Job Seekers Allowance, silence. Applied for her other benefits, to which she is entitled, silence.  It's not just Thailand that don't pay out.  The UK is just as bad, if not worse, as they have no excuse.  

My wife and sister were approved, but the names on their bank accts didn't match. Fixed the prob, and they were told they'd get the money. Now it's been in pending status for over a week.

Now the great leader has called for a meeting with the 20 richest families in Thailand to "discuss" what can be done about the Covid-19 situation. Hmm.

I have a feeling the discussion will go something like this: "We know how difficult this has been for your businesses. We wouldn't want them to become any more difficult."

images (9).jpeg