Arthritis Pain

koheesti

Not sure where you are at the moment, North in England or Thailand or Estonia?

But I can give you a little perspective from short periods of time in Thailand and suffering from Psoriatic arthritis, the pain and discomfort that comes with it are greatly reduced even after small periods of sun, relaxation, lack of stress etc.

Presently I drop the max amount of codeine and paracetamol every day and topped off with Tramadol when required, when in Thailand, this reduces dramatically and it can be well into the afternoon before I take any meds at all, and then greatly reduced over the day.

Whereas the first thing I do over here is swallow 2 500mg Para and 2 30mg codeine.

Depends what arthritis you have and how severe?

Not much help, I am afraid.

Good Luck

Moss

• Like 1

Ive had severe arthritis for the past 24 years (im now 28)....in wheelchair for past 14 years, hip replacements at 18 and 26..

Coming here has helped me loads, not just in helping with the aches and pains but in getting me moving about and doing things....the weather makes you want to go out to bars, restaurants see people etc rather than sit at home with it pouring rain and cold outside...I have access daily to a pool so I can exercise and strengthen my bones/muscles which I could never have in the UK, I can afford to pay good people to help me when I need it rather than have the nightmare help I was offered in the UK too.

I'm 42 and have had rheumatoid arthritis ever since I left sunny Florida for the former USSR 13 years ago (currently in Estonia). I remember that first autumn well - and not in a good way. It has gotten worse (as it does) but I've managed to keep my medication down to 2.5mg of prednisolon per day to keep the pain and stiffness bearable. Ten years ago I went to Thailand for one week I felt great but I didn't have it as bad as today.

• 3 weeks later...

I am 58 and I have suffered from Arthritis (ankylosing spondylarthritis) since the age of 20 and I used to take medicine every day when I was living in Europe (Indocid first, then Voltaren, finally Arthrotec).

The day I moved to Thailand last August, was the last day I have taken any arthritis medicine. No more pain, no more stiffness (in the joints, 555) and full flexibility. I attribute this to the climate here in Thailand, the high humidity and the high temperatures. Back in the 1970ies, my doctor recommended me to live in a warm and dry place. So I moved to San Diego, California, only to see my situation getting worse.

Thailand has done miracles to me. :o

After a 8M fall from my roof back in the UK I had to have my pelvis pinned on the right side, 6 bolts in the right leg and 4 in the left leg.

In the UK I could hardly move without the aid of walking sticks, every moring I had to put my legs close to the radiator to get some warmth to ease the pain.

I have been in Thailand now for five years. I threw the walking sticks away after just three weeks and though I cant run too good I can walk very well.

The climate here seems to help to elivate the pain and make the jonts more flexible but during the rainny season I do have a lot of pain especially in the right knee.

I found it also helps a lot to take a spoon full of cod liver oil on a daily basis

• 1 month later...
Not sure where you are at the moment, North in England or Thailand or Estonia?

But I can give you a little perspective from short periods of time in Thailand and suffering from Psoriatic arthritis, the pain and discomfort that comes with it are greatly reduced even after small periods of sun, relaxation, lack of stress etc.

Presently I drop the max amount of codeine and paracetamol every day and topped off with Tramadol when required, when in Thailand, this reduces dramatically and it can be well into the afternoon before I take any meds at all, and then greatly reduced over the day.

Whereas the first thing I do over here is swallow 2 500mg Para and 2 30mg codeine.

Depends what arthritis you have and how severe?

Not much help, I am afraid.

Good Luck

Moss

Did you get any assistance from the UK government to relocate to Thailand? Or did you simply move yourself? My psioritic arthritis has just begun to express itself....Now I plan to move / retire to Thailand anyway, but wonder if some kind of invalidity benefit can be received, even though one is in Thailand.

Thanks for any advice.

I don't have arthritis but when i was in the UK i got frequent pain in my knuckles after damage from numerous bike crashes and severe pain in my leg from a ruptured disc in my lower spine, (another bike accident). Moving to Thailand was the end of the pain in both counts.

I used to suffer from stiffness in the joints after sleeping or sitting for a while at the PC. But after taking a drug called ARCOXIA which is banned in the States but sold in 68 countries worldwide, I am better.

I don't take it all the time. Just for a few days now and then when the need arises.

You can get it over the counter in Thailand. But far better. Ask the quack!

My osteoarthritis is much better in Thailand than it was even in a hot, dry climate (Palm Springs California). I have had a hip replacement due to arthritic degeneration and was taking Celebrex most days. Now I only take the medicine very occasionally, and in general, feel much better most of the time.

I have cervical spondylosis which is a form of osteoarthritis in the neck. I also have arthritis problems in both shoulders and one hip. It got so bad in the UK that my employers decided i could no longer do my job properly and I ended up on a 'medical pension'. Doctors suggested that I would feel better in a warm climate and coming to live in Thailand has definately improved things. It's not a cure but I am definately more mobile and have less pain. In the UK I was taking the maximum dosage of medication without it doing much good but here in Thailand I'm off the tablets most of the time and only take them occasionally when the the arthris flairs up. Things I did in the UK that caused it to flair up and give pain still cause similar problems here but day to day living is much better. Coming here was definately a good move.