1 Year Multiple Entry Non-o From Uk

Hello

I will be in the UK for the summer with my wife and family. I am british and my wife is Thai. I have previously obtained a single entry visa in HK (where I am a resident) with the following supporting documents only: wife's ID copy, thai marriage certificate copy. The HK consulate told me that they do not issue multiple entry non O visas, and that I could get one in the UK. So that is my plan and I have the following questions:

1. Is there any other supporting documents required for a multi from the UK ? I read that Singapore gives multis and there is some financial requirement, so does something similar apply in the UK ?

2. Can the visa be post-dated, since we will be in going back to HK before Thailand, and we will stay in HK for several months.

thanks in advance

SD

Hello

I will be in the UK for the summer with my wife and family. I am british and my wife is Thai. I have previously obtained a single entry visa in HK (where I am a resident) with the following supporting documents only: wife's ID copy, thai marriage certificate copy. The HK consulate told me that they do not issue multiple entry non O visas, and that I could get one in the UK. So that is my plan and I have the following questions:

1. Is there any other supporting documents required for a multi from the UK ? I read that Singapore gives multis and there is some financial requirement, so does something similar apply in the UK ?

2. Can the visa be post-dated, since we will be in going back to HK before Thailand, and we will stay in HK for several months.

thanks in advance

SD

1.The visa cannot be 'forward' dated

2. Go to the Thai Consulate in Hull website to get the details of required docs but I think it is simply a copy of your wife's ID, copy of marriage certificate, application form, foto ID, charge

No financial requirements

Good luck

Thanks ! Not post-dating the visa is a bit awkward - we could be in HK for quite a long time before actually returning to Thailand - do they really have no way to handle this ? If the visa expires before being used it will be rather frustrating to say the least, and then the only option will be another single entry from HK. Or if I'm lucky my ABTC will be pre-cleared by thailand by then (still waiting after 5+months on that and starting to lose hope)

Thanks ! Not post-dating the visa is a bit awkward - we could be in HK for quite a long time before actually returning to Thailand - do they really have no way to handle this ? If the visa expires before being used it will be rather frustrating to say the least, and then the only option will be another single entry from HK. Or if I'm lucky my ABTC will be pre-cleared by thailand by then (still waiting after 5+months on that and starting to lose hope)

Can't you get an extension while in Thailand showing 40k baht income letter from embassy and then re-entry would make it easier.

Your visa from Hull should be valid for a year from issue with each entry 90 days stay

You can always ask to forward date but have never heard it done

Edited by Krub

Requirements are here no funds required.

I've never heard of a visa being forward dated either. It will be valid for as many entries as you wish for 12 months from the date of issue.

I have only ever made my visa at the Thai Consulate in Hull, i am married to Thai, infact i just made it there again on the 21st of last month. The only evidence that i have been asked to produce is a copy of my Thai marraige certificate and a copy of it translated into English.

I am not sure about the post dated time of the visa, on the application form it ask's when you will be entering Thailand.

There is no harm in asking if this can be done, as they say shy boys get nothing. They are ok at the consulate my visa was done in 3 minutes, and even the consulate said that was his record.

Good luck anyway.

Geordie

For sure .

Copy of marriage certificate and translation , copy of wifes ID wouldnt go a miss . No funds required just 100 GBP for visa as far as I know which is in effect nearly a 15 month visa anyway if you jump the border just before expiry .

Any more changes anyone knows about ?

I got a 1 year multiple entry "O" from Hull last november. I'm not married to a Thai, or over 50, so just got the normal O. just needed to sign a self declaration that I had sufficient funds - but no proof required, nor any figure was stated. They wouldn't post date it even by a few days. Visa was returned in about 3 days from posting.