Travel from Pattaya to Surin and Khon Kaen

PeteM3

Hi, has anyone made the trip from Pattaya to Surin or Khon Kaen in the last few days? Is it possible if done in the daytime out with curfew hours? Is their any additional paperwork required to travel across provinces? I will be driving hopefully later this week and just want to understand if their will be any issues with the current lockdowns.

If you take highway #2 no problem whatsoever.

I drove basically from Saraburi to Nongkhai and met just 1 police stop. And even they waved everybody through. Plenty of drivers on the roads, business as usual. Just don't drive small roads into towns and provinces around. Some of them are closed, have checkpoints and after passing checkpoint you have do 14 day quarantine inside there. Take highway #2.

"I will be driving hopefully later this week and just want to understand if their will be any issues with the current lockdowns."

Please refer to your posteing and teh last 2 words in it. "Current Lockdowns" If you do travel you have to be calling into the local Village Boss to quarantine for 14 days and then 14 days when you get back.

I drove from Khon Kaen to Bangkok (and back again the next day) last week with no problems or stops. There was plenty of traffic. Checkpoints had been set up, but weren't manned when I traveled. Stick to the main highways.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

2 weeks ago I drove from Bangkok to chumphon. One stop for drug testing. No virus or temp checks. Don't know if that was changed. 

Drug check near HUA HIN ? cannabis check on the road sides ? the idiot greedy rats have nothing better to do ?

• Haha 1