money transfer's to Thailand

6 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

I too have used TransferWise (twice) from Oz to Thailand and both times 24 hour delay ... according to the TW app, most the delay is from my Oz account to TW account.

I now have TW debit card and next time will try loading that from Oz account first, see if it is quicker.

May i ask how you are doing your transfer? BPAY? Direct transfer? via debit card? Some other method?

....I always use my Visa debit card for my transfers.. there are other options that are a bit cheaper, I think.. but the debit card has worked well for me... on one occasion I tried a transfer on a Saturday and had to wait until Monday for my money.. but otherwise it has been very quick..

I’ve always used HIFX however it takes about 4/5 days for money to arrive,. Will now look to use TransferWise .... downloaded app from App Store can either collect cash from 3 banks or have it transferred into your Thai account - sounds a very good service been in operation since 2010 ???? thank you for those who’ve recommended this service,. will try using when need more money sent 

Thanks for all those suggestions about transferwise,
I have never transferred money before.
Would be sending from Nationwide UK to KBank here and would use debit card to debit card accounts.
Will leave to Monday as no holidays in either country.

45 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Would be sending from Nationwide UK to KBank here and would use debit card to debit card accounts.

As others have state, Transferwise is hard to beat.

It takes a little patience to set up first time, but after that works smooth as silk and just few seconds to do transfer on your phone app.

YMMV

20 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

I too have used TransferWise (twice) from Oz to Thailand and both times 24 hour delay ... according to the TW app, most the delay is from my Oz account to TW account.

I now have TW debit card and next time will try loading that from Oz account first, see if it is quicker.

May i ask how you are doing your transfer? BPAY? Direct transfer? via debit card? Some other method?

I like to do direct transfer as it is the easiest for me, and don't really want to change. It seem the answer to my question is transfers are still working normally.  I only transfer once a year and pay 20 quid so thanks to everyone for your reply's.  :wai:  take care stay safe, have a drink, relax. 

Edited by brianthainess
added content.

15 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

I transfer my pension from Nationwide to Krungsri via TransferWise. It always arrives the same day providing the request is initiated in the morning, Thai time.

If you have on-line banking with NBS the transfer into T/W is done in seconds with no charges at all.

17 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

As others have state, Transferwise is hard to beat.

It takes a little patience to set up first time, but after that works smooth as silk and just few seconds to do transfer on your phone app.

YMMV

I don't have a smart phone, can I use my laptop to transfer funds ?

16 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I don't have a smart phone, can I use my laptop to transfer funds ?

Yes indeed.. That is what I do.  Sign up to TW and save the link to your bookmarks bar for easy access.. As mentioned above it is a bit dickey to set up but once you have done that it is easy to use.. tip.. for identification I just took photo of drivers license & passport page and attached.. worked ok.. 

1 minute ago, Laza 45 said:

Yes indeed.. That is what I do.  Sign up to TW and save the link to your bookmarks bar for easy access.. As mentioned above it is a bit dickey to set up but once you have done that it is easy to use.. tip.. for identification I just took photo of drivers license & passport page and attached.. worked ok.. 

Many thanks for the help

• Like 1