Cardio/bp Check: Which Doctor & Hospital (blood Pressure)

jinjok

some weeks ago i posted some general questions about my high blood pressure and rec'd some good advice. the best of which was to look about on the web and study the condition. ive done so.

my question is which hospital or doctor to see in thailand? i have been in touch with bumrungrad. they quoted me on some of the basic tests and said the initial consultation was 600-1600. that seems quite hhigh on the upper end unless s/he is a cardiologist.

next, they want the initial consult before the basic tests which i thin kis a waste of time and money. it will go like this....

take vitals

establish high blood pressure

ask for tests

pay the 1600 fee (for nothing)

> this is the american scam model

what is there to consult about if the physician has no facts in front of them? hello...we need to run some tests (ok)..pls pay at the front...thank you.

so, between them not being able to tell me what the standard visitation fee will be and the fact that i need to have a consultation pre-test im not really happy with the place. the tests are cheap and will be needed anyway so i have no issue getting all the path out of the way.

prices do not include fee and subject to change without notice

an aunt mentioned i should have a ct done on my heart to determin calcium score. she has big money and insurance so for her, shed order 3, no matter... at 46, consistantly score having mild-moderate hypertension, diastolic is worse than sys - should i have this done at b23000?! is this a common test?

finally, should i have this done while out of shape and visiting thailand or wait 3-6 months when i return again and will be in much better shape from weight loss/excercise.

i live in pattaya, is there anywhere youd trust (i do not trust bkk-pty) to run the tests and to get a cardiologist? the urine/blood work is straightforward and may be able to do this at pattaya memorial and has gp look at the results first??

any prudent advice welcomed. leaving in a few days...

some weeks ago i posted some general questions about my high blood pressure and rec'd some good advice. the best of which was to look about on the web and study the condition. ive done so.

my question is which hospital or doctor to see in thailand? i have been in touch with bumrungrad. they quoted me on some of the basic tests and said the initial consultation was 600-1600. that seems quite hhigh on the upper end unless s/he is a cardiologist.

next, they want the initial consult before the basic tests which i thin kis a waste of time and money. it will go like this....

take vitals

establish high blood pressure

ask for tests

pay the 1600 fee (for nothing)

> this is the american scam model

what is there to consult about if the physician has no facts in front of them? hello...we need to run some tests (ok)..pls pay at the front...thank you.

so, between them not being able to tell me what the standard visitation fee will be and the fact that i need to have a consultation pre-test im not really happy with the place. the tests are cheap and will be needed anyway so i have no issue getting all the path out of the way.

prices do not include fee and subject to change without notice

an aunt mentioned i should have a ct done on my heart to determin calcium score. she has big money and insurance so for her, shed order 3, no matter... at 46, consistantly score having mild-moderate hypertension, diastolic is worse than sys - should i have this done at b23000?! is this a common test?

finally, should i have this done while out of shape and visiting thailand or wait 3-6 months when i return again and will be in much better shape from weight loss/excercise.

i live in pattaya, is there anywhere youd trust (i do not trust bkk-pty) to run the tests and to get a cardiologist? the urine/blood work is straightforward and may be able to do this at pattaya memorial and has gp look at the results first??

any prudent advice welcomed. leaving in a few days...

Go to the Queens Hospital in Sattahip. It's good and cheap as it is a Charity Hospital.

Remember not to drink anything with caffein or alcohol in prior. Good Luck.

Edited by Luckydog