Internet-connection Anomalies during recent Two Days?

JohnBarleycorn

Has anyone else noticed recent internet-connection anomalies during the past two days in various parts of the city, including Mae Rim?

On Monday, the internet was down from about 3 PM until about 11:00 PM.  Tuesday, the internet stopped working around 2:30 PM and service was not restored until about 9 PM.

I checked with a friend living in Mae Rim, and the friend reported that the internet interruption occurred at approximately these times of day.

This interruption seems unrelated to any specific internet provider.

On Monday, I did receive a text message from my provider stating that there was "damage to the fiber cable", and that they would try to repair the damage and restore service "within the day".

However, yesterday, the interruption raised its ugly head again, alas.

Does anyone know anything more about this situation?

I need to use the internet in the afternoons, particularly.  And it is during the afternoons that these interruptions seem to begin.

Any input regarding this situation would be welcome and enlightening to many, probably.

• Sad 1

OK.  I did not want to mention the company's name because I normally get very good service from Sinet.

Monday and Tuesday, the outage lasted for many hours.

Since Wednesday, I have experienced no interruptions.

BUT, now with Dtac, I have tried calling another phone in the Chiang Mai area, near CMU.....and I continually get the error message:  NETWORK BUSY

The reason I posted this post is to try to learn if anyone knows whether or not at this time the local internet here might be getting overburdened.

When my internet is working, I have a reliable connection of 100Mbps/100Mbps with low latency of 15 (on average).

(Also, the internet interruption in Mae Rim was for users of True internet, not Sinet.)

Tks!

Note:

As we all know, much of telephony, at least these days, runs on the internet, similar to Voip.

So when the internet becomes overburdened, and I am NOT saying it is, then probably we get error messages such as NETWORK BUSY when we call certain areas.

Also, it seems to me that, during this Season of the Wuhan Virus, electronic communication infrastructure becomes critically important, especially now that we are all strictly following guidelines concerning social distancing.

I have not yet tried to call Dtac to learn why I have been receiving the NETWORK BUSY error while calling to certain areas in Chiang Mai.

(However, if these abnormal, atypical, disruptions continue to happen this week, and maybe next week, probably I will post a few instances of when these occur.)

I must say that not being able to telephone or communicate via internet, at various times of the day, is becoming a bit frustrating, and how does one plan one's work under such conditions?

((Dtac operator stated:  "Maybe there is an electricity problem."  So, obviously, Dtac does not know the reason for the NETWORK BUSY error.  I wonder who might know?))

Edited by JohnBarleycorn

I got a weird message on my Dtac yesterday.  Said something like “Service is being suspended from Central for next 48 hours.”  Next, my WiFi icon disappeared and service was indeed “suspended”.  

Then I went into Utilities, reconnected the WiFi, and all has been fine since.

Go figure!

This morning on my desktop it took about 3hrs for the LAN connection to show as connected. It spent about 3hrs spinning "acquiring network address". The weird thing was that it didn't affect my internet connection. Normally when you switch on that thing has to connect before you can get an internet connection !

10 minutes ago, cmsally said:

This morning on my desktop it took about 3hrs for the LAN connection to show as connected. It spent about 3hrs spinning "acquiring network address". The weird thing was that it didn't affect my internet connection. Normally when you switch on that thing has to connect before you can get an internet connection !

Same thing happened on my connection two weeks ago:

The lan cable stopped working, BUT the WIFI from the router still worked.

My view is that the internet might be less stable these days.

Also, AGAIN, the internet where two of my friends live, Mae Rim, has basically not been working since Monday at about 2:30 PM.  Fortunately, my internet near CMU has been stable since late Tuesday evening.

4 hours ago, niebla said:

3BB 749/month, usually very fast. Had to call them several days, during the day in April to reset the service.

Thank you for your suggestion.  At the moment, I get 230/230 Mbps speeds.  Very good at the moment, and quite stable now.  However, my friends in Mae Rim are still having connection difficulties.