Tourist Visa Extension, Should I Wait Until Last Day?

With a single or multiple entry Tourist Visa to get to the police station for a 30 days extension do I have to wait until the last day? When the 30 extended days will start? From the original end of Visa or from the day of the request?

thanxs

-m

With a single or multiple entry Tourist Visa to get to the police station for a 30 days extension do I have to wait until the last day? When the 30 extended days will start? From the original end of Visa or from the day of the request?

thanxs

-m

It's the immigration office, not the police station.

It starts from the end of your visa, you can go a few days before expiration(but why?), I usually go 1-2 days before exp or the same day, never been there like 10 days before. Di piu' nun zo!

Edited by KhunMarco

thanxs

-m

It starts from the end of your visa, you can go a few days before expiration(but why?), I usually go 1-2 days before exp or the same day, never been there like 10 days before. Di piu' nun zo!

There is no immigration office in Koh Samui ......

The Central Police Station must have a visa office......

If it start from the end of the Visa no need to worry about the day to go. For a Visarun is better to go 1 weewk before the end date....

I'm just trying to see if with the extensions i can avoid a visarun for a double entry visa....

Last time in Thailand i departed exactly the last date of the entry-stamp, very lucky there was a seat on the plane, i counted the 30 days like a month.....

ok, ok, the immigration guy at the airport say no problem, 500 bath per day but as people pointed out outside the airport is better not to go around without a visa....

-m

Edited by maurizio04

thanxs

-m

There is no immigration office in Koh Samui ......

The Central Police Station must have a visa office......

If it start from the end of the Visa no need to worry about the day to go. For a Visarun is better to go 1 weewk before the end date....

I'm just trying to see if with the extensions i can avoid a visarun for a double entry visa....

Last time in Thailand i departed exactly the last date of the entry-stamp, very lucky there was a seat on the plane, i counted the 30 days like a month.....

ok, ok, the immigration guy at the airport say no problem, 500 bath per day but as people pointed out outside the airport is better not to go around without a visa....

-m

Well last time i was there there was a sign Immigration office, and it is in Nathon .Maybe it's attached to a police station..dunno.