Muang Thong Thani - Extension under review

Hi

Like many I got a visa exempt entry with a stamp 'Application of stay is under consideration. The application must contact again in person on 30 April', from Muang Thong Thani 

The prevailing wisdom is that one needs to go and get the full stamp and that one can go today (don't have to wait until April 30)

Yesterday, I read that someone relying on the info from. TV, went to get the stamp (Jomtien/Pattaya) but the visa was still under consideration.

So, has any member who got the stamp dated April 30, been to Changwattana and successfully got the full stamp.

I'd appreciate before you click 'send', you ask yourself is it specific to Chang Wattana and if you have made it clear whether it's first hand experience or something you read on line.

Keep safe and Thanks. 

Hi. So u also have the same stamp?  Prevailing wisdom comes from various post on line from Moderators.

Can you expand on your experience and why you think +3k people arriving to Chang Wattana on April 30 doesn't alarm you or present logistical problems?

• Confused 2

Why would 3000+ foreigners be arriving at CW on 30th April.

I assume you applied for a further 30 day extension of your permission of stay.

In case you haven't heard the automatic extension period has been extended to July 31st.

Since you applied a Ministerial order was issued 7th April automatically extending permissions of stay until April 30th. Since then this period has been extended to July 31st.

Edited by Tanoshi

38 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

go on 30/4 as instructed.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

In case you haven't heard the automatic extension period has been extended to July 31st.

Someone seems to have got out the wrong side of bed today.

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Please please this is serious stuff. It effects people's lifes during these troubling times.  Don't just copy and paste from other threads.  U seem not to understand the issues.  

There are countless other threads you can contribute to which are not so serious 

Please can u expand on where you got your under consideration stamp from and how you went about getting the final stamp. 

Virtually every person who had to go to Muang Thong Thani got the under consideration stamp.  It is a sizable number. 

Edited by Finlaco
  • Confused 2

I am not copying from other threads, just  trying to give you some further information to the situation that you appear to be unaware of. Thousands are in your exact same position due to flight cancellations and borders closing. 

Because of that position many foreigners were applying for temporary extensions, culminating in overcrowded Immigration offices.

Since you submitted your application the Thai cabinet have issued a Ministerial announcement, signed by the PM, granting amnesty and automatic extension for those who had permission of stay until 26th March, automatically extending that stay until April 30th (no need to visit an Immigration office).

This period of automatic extensions has just been increased until July 31st.

You were granted an under consideration stamp prior to the Ministerial order being publicly released, which supersedes any previous conditions.

If your previous permission of stay was the 26th March, or later, then you can now stay until July 31st without visiting an Immigration office - they don't want Tourist flooding the offices.

You could ring CW and they will probably tell you not to come in and advise you of the above.

The Ministerial announcement of 7/4 is here:

Covid-19 - Ministerial Notification 7 April 2020 automatic extension - MFA en.pdf

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

@Tanoshi

Can you remember which Immigration Office you got your 'under consideration' stamp from?  I got mine from Muang Thong Thai temperory Office.

Do you remember what happened when you returned for the final stamp? Can you remember when that was?

Most of us are aware of the Ministerial order and we are also aware of the current issues that are coming up.

When you get an 'under consideration' stamp means your application is being considered.

The usual standard period is 30 days for approval.

You return on the date specified and they give a 'permission of stay' stamp, which in your case would be to 30th April.

However what I'm attempting to explain to you is since the date you applied, their has been an official Ministerial announcement covering those in your position.

2. For an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom according to their type of visa (including Visa on Arrival) and an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom according to their visa exemption privileges (P. 30/PP. 14/ PP. 30/PP. 90) whose specified period of time permitted for stay in the Kingdom expires as from 26 March B.E. 2563 (2020):
(1) the period of time permitted for stay in the Kingdom under Section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) (including under the Petroleum Act B.E. 2514 (1971) and its Amendments, the Investment Promotion Act B.E. 2520 (1977) and its Amendments, and
the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act B.E. 2522 (1979) and its Amendments) or in accordance with the relevant notifications of the Ministry of Interior, shall be temporarily extended as from 26 March B.E. 2563 (2020) to 30 April B.E. 2563 (2020);

Since then there has been a further announcement granting automatic extensions to a further advanced date of July 31st.

CW is practically empty now.

If you have any concerns ring them and ask if you are required to go on 30th April as they previously instructed. Others have done so and been told 'no' they can now stay until July 31st 2020.

You don't require a 'stamp' as the ministerial order covers the period.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

So anyone have first hand experience?  I'm not looking for copy and paste from something you read on line.

You do not have to keep sending PM's.

The Ministerial announcement is effective nationwide, which including CW.

The only thing I have copied and pasted is a section of the Ministerial announcement as well as the announcement itself, which if you've read, you seem unable to understand.

Ring CW as I advised if you don't trust my information.

I understand that life is kinda boring at the moment but stop stalking this thread. You have already acknowledge that you don't have any actual experience irt to the question asked.

I'd appreciate before you click 'send', you ask yourself is it specific to Chang Wattana and if you have made it clear whether it's first hand experience or something you read on line.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

If your previous permission of stay was the 26th March, or later, then you can now stay until July 31st without visiting an Immigration office - they don't want Tourist flooding the offices.

That he can stay and won't be on overstay is correct.

But you are forgetting this "under consideration, report back" stamp is effectively a police order given lawfully by a police officer in writing. For not follwing this order he could probably be fined. I do not now if they would make problems in the future or try to fine people who didn't show up on the specific date, maybe they would just ignore it. If somebody with an under consideration stamp wants to be 100% safe he should report back on the given date.

Edited by jackdd

5 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

I understand that life is kinda boring at the moment but stop stalking this thread. You have already acknowledge that you don't have any actual experience irt to the question asked.

I am not a stalker. I try to give practical and helpful advice, but in this case it appears the lights are on, but nobody's at home.

7 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

I'd appreciate before you click 'send', you ask yourself is it specific to Chang Wattana and if you have made it clear whether it's first hand experience or something you read on line.

I click 'submit reply' as I don't have a send button.

The Ministerial order is 'online' as is this forum.

They don't post it to all the foreigners.

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You do not have to keep sending PM's.

The Ministerial announcement is effective nationwide, which including CW.

The only thing I have copied and pasted is a section of the Ministerial announcement as well as the announcement itself, which if you've read, you seem unable to understand.

Ring CW as I advised if you don't trust my information.

Did you hear that from an officer at the immigration? There are more and more posters the past few days that are reporting that they are still receiving new under consideration stamps and ask to come back next week or early May. But still, you and senior members on this forum keep telling us that we are covered by the amnesty while actual field reports prove otherwise. It's one thing to make theoretical assumptions about what the ministerial orders should mean but the fact is that people with under consideration stamps who go to the immigration are still being treated as if there were no amnesty, definitely not a July 31st and sometimes not even an April 30th (see reports from those asked to come back April 27 and 29). I value your opinion but this is not helping now, we are a lot who are at risk of overstaying and we need evidences that immigration is applying the order, not opinions presented as facts.

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But you are forgetting this "under consideration, report back" stamp is effectively a police order given lawfully by a police officer in writing. For not follwing this order he could probably be fined. I do not now if they would make problems in the future or try to fine people who didn't show up on the specific date, maybe they would just ignore it. If somebody with an under consideration stamp wants to be 100% safe he should report back on the given date.

Which is what I advised him to do, or call CW, as they may say no need now as already reported on here.

However he's under the delusion CW will be akin too a football stadium on 30th and in his infinite wisdom would rather go today/tomorrow when he told to report back on 30th.

• Like 1

Hey

So I've posted about this as someone with first hand experience - but I am slightly different in that I got my under condiseration stamp whilst on my another visa extension denied, 7 days to leave Thailand situation.

Regardless - I got Under Consideration on the 1st April (was meant to leave Thailand on the 3rd I think but had letter from Consulate), they gave me 20 days Under Consideration, so on 21st April went there again, got given another 10 days Under Consideration. Now I have to go back 1st May. This makes it 30 days in total which from what I have and cross-referencing, seems to be the legal time they have to see this Under consieration out before they can you approve a Visa. 

There is one other member of this forum who is going for their 3rd time on the 27th April (he only oddly got 3 days extra on his stamp on second visit, rather than 10) so I'm seeing how it goes with him (hope he updates)

Otherwise...just do what the stamp tells ya - go visit IO on that date, and ain't nothing's gonna change that. 

My rent runs out on 2nd May for a much in-demand place I'm at...- so do I pay for another month hoping I get amnesty...or risk losing my place because I worry about the outcome of my second visit to IO on 1st May? So we're all dealing with consequences of this but I'm making sure I do things by the book and following the order of my stamps. 

A trip to the IO is not much for me and the consequences of checking far outweigh the not knowing.

That's all I can assist with for now and remember - I was on a 'Visa's run out, have 7 days to leave grace period' when I got my UC so situation most likely not 1:1 with yours

@uberfarang

That's is why I was trying to see if @Tanoshi         had any first hand experience or was just C&P.  I even send a private PM explaining how serious the issue is and why I was seeking only replies based on real life experience.  In the end I had to add him to the ignore list, as this is too serious.

Edited by Finlaco

7 minutes ago, uberfarang said:

There are more and more posters the past few days that are reporting that they are still receiving new under consideration stamps and ask to come back next week or early May. But still, you and senior members on this forum keep telling us that we are covered by the amnesty while actual field reports prove otherwise. It's one thing to make theoretical assumptions about what the ministerial orders should mean but the fact is that people with under consideration stamps who go to the immigration are still being treated as if there were no amnesty, definitely not a July 31st and sometimes not even an April 30th (see reports from those asked to come back April 27 and 29). I value your opinion but this is not helping now, we are a lot who are at risk of overstaying and we need evidences that immigration is applying the order, not opinions presented as facts.

Yeah, and those few in that position mostly had permissions of stay expiring before 26th March, so are in a small group not covered by the Ministerial announcement and Immigration aren't sure what to do in these situations, so continually grant an 'under consideration stamp'.

They in my opinion should be dealt with under section 3 of Immigrations previous Memo prior to the Ministerial amnesty.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CodeCoded said:

Hey

So I've posted about this as someone with first hand experience - but I am slightly different in that I got my under condiseration stamp whilst on my another visa extension denied, 7 days to leave Thailand situation.

Regardless - I got Under Consideration on the 1st April (was meant to leave Thailand on the 3rd I think but had letter from Consulate), they gave me 20 days Under Consideration, so on 21st April went there again, got given another 10 days Under Consideration. Now I have to go back 1st May. This makes it 30 days in total which from what I have and cross-referencing, seems to be the legal time they have to see this Under consieration out before they can you approve a Visa. 

There is one other member of this forum who is going for their 3rd time on the 27th April (he only oddly got 3 days extra on his stamp on second visit, rather than 10) so I'm seeing how it goes with him (hope he updates)

Otherwise...just do what the stamp tells ya - go visit IO on that date, and ain't nothing's gonna change that. 

My rent runs out on 2nd May for a much in-demand place I'm at...- so do I pay for another month hoping I get amnesty...or risk losing my place because I worry about the outcome of my second visit to IO on 1st May? So we're all dealing with consequences of this but I'm making sure I do things by the book and following the order of my stamps. 

A trip to the IO is not much for me and the consequences of checking far outweigh the not knowing.

That's all I can assist with for now and remember - I was on a 'Visa's run out, have 7 days to leave grace period' when I got my UC so situation most likely not 1:1 with yours

I'm fine going to the IO, the problem is that they told me to come back with an embassy letter, which the embassy does not issue because they think the amnesty covers everyone.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Yeah, and those few in that position mostly had permissions of stay expiring before 26th March, so are in a small group not covered by the Ministerial announcement and Immigration aren't sure what to do in these situations, so continually grant an 'under consideration stamp'.

They in my opinion should be dealt with under section 3 of Immigrations previous Memo prior to the Ministerial amnesty.

My permission of stay expired on March 30 so I should have been covered. But when I went with my under consideration stamp on April 11 I was told to come back April 29 with another embassy letter. I understand there's a grey area for people whose POS expired before March 26 but in my case it should be clear, at least in theory, and yet, the IO doesn't seem to know what to do about it.

• Like 1

It has been stated and proven on a number of occasions that what is stated in the press or anywhere else for that matter does not always or necessarily relate to some local offices and officers within any given location.

If a person is unsure of the information or situation, do not rely on what may be posted, go to or speak to YOUR particular office and ask them exactly what they require of you.

It is they who will process and deal with you if you fail to comply or misunderstand information, therefore it is logical to get it from the horses mouth and to remain in the correct legal standing.

I would respectfully ask that unless you have dealt with the specific office on the specific issue, dont cloud the issue with what may be happening elsewhere as it may not apply in all instances.

• Like 1

Don't forget everyone on a tourist visa/visa exempt will be dealing with airport/border immigration when they leave Thailand.

It doesn't really matter what your local immigration office are doing.

There are definitely some offices following the orders correctly, so I doubt airport/border immigration are going to ask for 20,000 fines from everyone in multiple provinces.