Why bank and some offices cant be more helpful in this period?

Ermanno

I understand everything,  i understand the policy bank,  but why in the emergency we are they cannot be a little bit helpful? I lost my book bank and now they won't make me a new one or let me take out some money if i not go where i open my account. How i can travel without buses?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I don't think you do understand, It obvious that you would have to return

to the bank that issued the bank book,did you also lose your ATM card ?

If they went out of their way to help you at a time like this,they may have

to go out of their way to be helpful ,when things return to normal, and thats

just not on ..........

regards worgeordie

Good afternoon Worgeordie: i totally understand your point and i understand the bank policy. And is not the bank fault if i was so stupid to lose book bank and atm card. But, and maybe i make it too simple, if i go to any bank branch in the country with my passport, the police report with all details why the bank cannot call the original branch and verify all my information? In normal days i will not have any doubts: will jump on the first bus to Pattaya, done what i have to done and thats it. But if the ban on traveling by bus will be extended and exceedingly i am not a  Pattaya residence and therefore, even being able to reach the city, I would not be allowed to enter, how would I live? I know your answer or that of others might be that it's my business or that I should have been more careful, but unfortunately the damage is done now.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bramley said:

Open a new account where you live, get a new book and card, transfer from your old account by internet banking and forget your old account.

I no have my work permit with me and they said me cannot open without show it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ermanno said:

I no have my work permit with me and they said me cannot open without show it

Try another bank.

Transfer to a mate's account and get them to withdraw cash for you.

Use your backup method for obtaining cash.

Pawn something.

Don't believe all you read about being unable to travel or enter Pattaya.

SCB have closed the branch at Chaengwattana. So you won't be able to get your letter there for extentions.  Also many other SCB branches are closed and you may have a difficult search finding an open one.  Why close this branch

• Like 1

Often times these banks are independent branches and do not function well with other branches of the same bank. I have had this happen to me too. If you want the bank to function as "your bank" - you have to work with the branch where you opened the account. 

• Like 1

The answer to your headline

Because they are as peed off as much as you are with the current situation.

It is normal to have to return to the branch where the account was opened.

If you are living in Pattaya now why did you not move it ?

On 4/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, Ermanno said:

Good afternoon Worgeordie: i totally understand your point and i understand the bank policy. And is not the bank fault if i was so stupid to lose book bank and atm card. But, and maybe i make it too simple, if i go to any bank branch in the country with my passport, the police report with all details why the bank cannot call the original branch and verify all my information? In normal days i will not have any doubts: will jump on the first bus to Pattaya, done what i have to done and thats it. But if the ban on traveling by bus will be extended and exceedingly i am not a  Pattaya residence and therefore, even being able to reach the city, I would not be allowed to enter, how would I live? I know your answer or that of others might be that it's my business or that I should have been more careful, but unfortunately the damage is done now.

If you have moved from Pattaya for good,why didn't you open a new account in your new province? Just out of curiosity,how did you lose both bank book and ATM-card? Where are you now? If it's possible to visit the banks head office,they will help you. The Pattaya lockdown will soon be over,so if you have some money,you have to wait it out.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, treetops said:

Try another bank.

Transfer to a mate's account and get them to withdraw cash for you.

Use your backup method for obtaining cash.

Pawn something.

Don't believe all you read about being unable to travel or enter Pattaya.

Entering Pattaya is not possible for a person who are not familiar with Banglamung district and the checkpoints. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Entering Pattaya is not possible for a person who are not familiar with Banglamung district and the checkpoints. 

Forcentral Pataya, they're only checking ID cards or passports most of the time, not residence status or whatever else is on the official paperwork.  There is still basically unenhindered access to those from outside the "restricted" area.  I've been at one of the four from North Road to Thepprasit most days since it started.

16 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you are living in Pattaya now why did you not move it ?

I live and work in Pattaya, but i went to saw an old friend of mine when my company close for the covid19 situation: as i no have car, they close all transportation bus and i cannot move from here

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you have moved from Pattaya for good,why didn't you open a new account in your new province? Just out of curiosity,how did you lose both bank book and ATM-card? Where are you now? If it's possible to visit the banks head office,they will help you. The Pattaya lockdown will soon be over,so if you have some money,you have to wait it out.

Hi Max69xl

When the company i work for close for the Covid19 situation i decided to move to stay with an old friend of mine where there is no cases of covid. I was going to a local atm and i am stupid as i carry both book bank and atm in the same bag of the bank. I am in Kao Yai. Yes i have money with me, so will wait. 

1 hour ago, Ermanno said:

I live and work in Pattaya, but i went to saw an old friend of mine when my company close for the covid19 situation: as i no have car, they close all transportation bus and i cannot move from here

I still see minibuses going from Pattaya to Bangkok and back every day, despite the alleged restrictions.  Have you tried to get even as far as Bangkok or are you just assuming it's impossible?

On 4/26/2020 at 2:31 PM, Ermanno said:

The bank wont do as you request as it would mean some one has to do a thing called thinking.

This is forbidden as it may spread like a virus, although in Thailand I cant see it happening.

The staff are too busy thinking about lunch or dinner