Extension on international passengers to fly to Thailand

anchadian

IMPORTANT: CAAT has just announced the extension of the ban on allowing international passengers to fly to #Thailand to 31st May 2020. Exceptions include, state or military aircraft, emergency landing, humanitarian aid, medical & relief flights, repatriation & cargo aircraft.

The extension on the ban on international passenger flights means foreigners with work permits or married to Thais, or just general foreigners, cannot come to Thailand until at least June now. If your “visa” expires while abroad, I’m afraid you have to start again with a new visa

The seems that outbound flights from Thailand are still open.  My question is: are airlines willing to fly into Thailand with passengers and to only have passengers flying out of Thailand? It seems expensive as half of the round trip is waisted.

2 hours ago, JohnBZ said:

The seems that outbound flights from Thailand are still open.  My question is: are airlines willing to fly into Thailand with passengers and to only have passengers flying out of Thailand? It seems expensive as half of the round trip is waisted.

Simple answer: yes. A few do. Qatar, Lufthansa, EvaAir and maybe more.

Even seen a flight of Swiss to Zurich (surprised me).

Of course some flights are only two or three times a week.

And sure for a price. Qatar especially brazen.