Visum For Holland

I would like to receive comments from Dutchmen living in Thailand, married with a Thai woman, about obtaining a visum for your wife to accompany you on a trip to the Netherlands.

In Dutch is OK, but English is better, maybe some other nationality can learn from it.

I would like to receive comments from Dutchmen living in Thailand, married with a Thai woman, about obtaining a visum for your wife to accompany you on a trip to the Netherlands.

In Dutch is OK, but English is better, maybe some other nationality can learn from it.

Did you try to find info on "ind.nl" ? it's in both English and Dutch. You can find another lot of info on "buitenlandsepartner.nl" and "mixed-couples.nl".

Reading your message you probably would like to apply for a tourist visa (up to 90 days). If you're married (some time ago) it wouldn't be that difficult. You have to apply for a touristvisa at the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok.

Sometimes they decide for themselves, in other cases they send your fial to Holland and let the IND decide. In that case it might take a while... :o

Good luck.

LaoPo

Did you try to find info on "ind.nl" ? it's in both English and Dutch. You can find another lot of info on "buitenlandsepartner.nl" and "mixed-couples.nl".

Reading your message you probably would like to apply for a tourist visa (up to 90 days). If you're married (some time ago) it wouldn't be that difficult. You have to apply for a touristvisa at the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok.

Sometimes they decide for themselves, in other cases they send your fial to Holland and let the IND decide. In that case it might take a while... :o

Good luck.

LaoPo

Thanks for the answer, however, I know about the IND, I know about the rules, but I also know about getting the visum from the embassy.

And I have a distinct feeling that might not be the same.

I would like to know fromother people about the procedure, what they think about it, and what the comments are!

Hi

Copy of passport of you

A copy of the stamps from the Thai Visa do help also

Copy of the last 3 payslips

Paper from town hall to invite your wife/girlfriend

Handwritten paper to help explain the reason that you invite her and where you meet her

This should do

Always expect to show a document you not have with you the first time you apply.

It is just a test to see you are serious and that the documents are current.

Knowing this i left out the handwritten invitation. If you are in the Netherlands then you can just simply fax it and your done. If you have this handwritten invitation included when you first apply they want something else, that might be more difficult to get quickly. Like a copy of a birthcertificate or copy of your house registration.

This was my experience with getting a tourist visa (4 times in the last 6 years).

Good luck.

LaoPo

Thanks for the answer, however, I know about the IND, I know about the rules, but I also know about getting the visum from the embassy.

I would like to know fromother people about the procedure, what they think about it, and what the comments are!

Just follow this link:

http://www.mfa.nl/aspx/get.aspx?xdl=/views...mp;ItmIdt=14865

If a (your) Thai girlfriend/wife has no income, no other prove of 'assets' or otherwise (like a child) it will be difficult for her/you to prove she will return to Thailand (to the Embassy or IND) and the application will not be rewarded in many cases.

The problem is that many 'Schengen'-partners, not just from Holland, met a lady/man and invited them to come to one of the Schengen countries and didn't return.

If that's NOT the case you will have no problem. PROVE, in the form of correspondence, photo's of both of you and or family will help a lot.

Good luck.

LaoPo

Good luck.

LaoPo

Just follow this link:

If a (your) Thai girlfriend/wife has no income, no other prove of 'assets' or otherwise (like a child) it will be difficult for her/you to prove she will return to Thailand (to the Embassy or IND) and the application will not be rewarded in many cases.

The problem is that many 'Schengen'-partners, not just from Holland, met a lady/man and invited them to come to one of the Schengen countries and didn't return.

If that's NOT the case you will have no problem. PROVE, in the form of correspondence, photo's of both of you and or family will help a lot.

Good luck.

LaoPo

The above or a proof of income of yourself here in Thailand would be a benefit

Personally I have never had any issue

Embassy staff always treated us OK and by the rules....so follow the rules

Answering your question is a little difficult because as you have read in this thread

it depends on your and her personal position how easy or difficult it can be

J

Good luck.

LaoPo

Just follow this link:

Good luck.

LaoPo

The above or a proof of income of yourself here in Thailand would be a benefit

Personally I have never had any issue

Embassy staff always treated us OK and by the rules....so follow the rules

Answering your question is a little difficult because as you have read in this thread

it depends on your and her personal position how easy or difficult it can be

J

To clarify some points:

I have emigrated to Thailand, I have a regular income (pension), we own a house in Khon Kaen, have two children still at school (12 & 14 year old), have submitted all the documents and more to be "proactive", I have a yellow housebook, I have a Thai ID number, my adress in Thailand is registered with the embassy, in short, there is no reason whatsoever NOT to return to Thailand.

Still, I would like to know if indeed the rules are as they should be, the way your, or my wife is treated, if indeed it is logical to fill in a form in which one guarantees his legal (TH & NL) wife in which the wife has to sign that she agrees with the guarantee.

I do have an idea that the Dutch laws and the Thai laws are clear: married partners ARE always responsable for each other, period.

I think there should be different rules/treatment/ etc for legally married people LIVING in Thailand

In view of the general pardon coming up in the Netherlands for all those people illegally living in Holland trying to fish in the pond of the social security, the strict rules of the Embassy in Bangkok (and maybe all the others) are a farce!

Let us face it, the rules are so strict because the stream of people wanting to go to Holland needs to be stopped, or at least forced to smaller proportions.

In the case of Thailand we are talking about stopping the influx of "working gilrs".

Just the people that will probably NEVER try to get social security.

However, I do have a slight feeling, a feeling mightily heightened by talks with and emails from Dutch husbands living in Thailand, and by talking to my wife and other wives of Dutchmen living in Thailand, that the treatment the wife gets when making the application is, let us say, not entirely up to what might be expected?

Why is it, that the husband is not allowed to accompany his wife when making the application?

Why is it that my wife came out with tears in het eyes?

Why is it that applicants with a partner living in Thailand are also suspect to want to stay in Holland.

The thing is that when making an application for a visum one is as a matter of fact suspected of planning a crime: to become an illegal alien in Holland!

The reasoning should be that every applicant is wanting to return to Thailand, it is up to the staff of the embassy to filter out the bad cases.

The treatment one gets should be based on the fact one does not want to stay in the Netherlands.

NOT the other way around.

Not guilty untill proven guilty.

Who wants to stay in the Netherlands anyway?

Not me!

To clarify some points:

I have emigrated to Thailand, I have a regular income (pension), we own a house in Khon Kaen, have two children still at school (12 & 14 year old), have submitted all the documents and more to be "proactive", I have a yellow housebook, I have a Thai ID number, my adress in Thailand is registered with the embassy, in short, there is no reason whatsoever NOT to return to Thailand.

Still, I would like to know if indeed the rules are as they should be, the way your, or my wife is treated, if indeed it is logical to fill in a form in which one guarantees his legal (TH & NL) wife in which the wife has to sign that she agrees with the guarantee.

I do have an idea that the Dutch laws and the Thai laws are clear: married partners ARE always responsable for each other, period.

I think there should be different rules/treatment/ etc for legally married people LIVING in Thailand

In view of the general pardon coming up in the Netherlands for all those people illegally living in Holland trying to fish in the pond of the social security, the strict rules of the Embassy in Bangkok (and maybe all the others) are a farce!

Let us face it, the rules are so strict because the stream of people wanting to go to Holland needs to be stopped, or at least forced to smaller proportions.

In the case of Thailand we are talking about stopping the influx of "working gilrs".

However, I do have a slight feeling, a feeling mightily heightened by talks with and emails from Dutch husbands living in Thailand, and by talking to my wife and other wives of Dutchmen living in Thailand, that the treatment the wife gets when making the application is, let us say, not entirely up to what might be expected?

Why is it, that the husband is not allowed to accompany his wife when making the application?

Why is it that applicants with a partner living in Thailand are also suspect to want to stay in Holland.

The thing is that when making an application for a visum one is as a matter of fact suspected of planning a crime: to become an illegal alien in Holland!

The reasoning should be that every applicant is wanting to return to Thailand, it is up to the staff of the embassy to filter out the bad cases.

The treatment one gets should be based on the fact one does not want to stay in the Netherlands.

Not me!

Why don't you contact the Embassy (details below) in person, and/or with a follow up with a PERSONAL email (or email first and than followed by a phonecall):

" Consulaire zaken, inclusief visumaangelegenheden [email protected]

[email protected] (voor visum zaken)

telefoonnummer: +66 (0)2 3095240 Ruud van de Waals, Tweede Ambassadesecretaris, Hoofd

Paul Bremmers, Consulair Attache, Plaatsvervangend Hoofd "

http://www.mfa.nl/ban/de_ambassade/organisatiestructuur

Your story might be partly true but there are two sides on a coin.

If you tell them you wish to visit Holland, accompanied by your wife (and having a house + 2 children in Thailand) I don't see a problem why they shouldn't allow your wife a touristvisa.

Good luck.

edit:

I think, reading your story, that you see 'ghosts' on your way to try to apply for a visa for your wife but frankly I don't see them. Also, don't always listen to other stories since every (family)-situation is different; age, income, children or not, assets etc. etc.

Just apply; might be easier than YOU think....!

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

The high level of xenophobia of most euorpean countries has degenerated into painting thelm as the 'big black wulf' in too many people's mind.

As posted elsewhere in the reactions to this post, you should not bother about anything (alos not about any extensive documentation of 'your case' ) which is somehting that makes you suspected right from the start. Simply apply to the NL embassy in BKK for visa for your wife to go on holiday with you to NL as you don't need any visa for yourself if you are NL citizen. With your application you supply all documents they ask for (assuming their requests are reasonable and wit hin the scope of the matter).... and i don"'t see why you would not be issued a visa for your wife to travel with you for holiday.

Especially in your case if you have NL citizenship you are free at all times to move in or out of the NL and even to stay there for any (long) time you deem appropriate. This is a freedom that is guaranteed by the international Human Rights chart that is applicable to all EU countries. If you are legally married, you a

The high level of xenophobia of most euorpean countries has degenerated into painting thelm as the 'big black wulf' in too many people's mind.

As posted elsewhere in the reactions to this post, you should not bother about anything (alos not about any extensive documentation of 'your case' ) which is somehting that makes you suspected right from the start. Simply apply to the NL embassy in BKK for visa for your wife to go on holiday with you to NL as you don't need any visa for yourself if you are NL citizen. With your application you supply all documents they ask for (assuming their requests are reasonable and wit hin the scope of the matter).... and i don"'t see why you would not be issued a visa for your wife to travel with you for holiday.

Especially in your case if you have NL citizenship you are free at all times to move in or out of the NL and even to stay there for any (long) time you deem appropriate. This is a freedom that is guaranteed by the international Human Rights chart that is applicable to all EU countries. If you are legally married, you are free to be accompanied by your wife (and legal kids) when you travel to or out your home counry NL. Tgis is also in application of a Human Rights rule. So it seems really hard for me to admit that the NL embassy in BKK would refuse to issue the required visa's.

have a nice holiday.

To clarify some points:

Not me!

If your wife (sorry for this but just a remark for making all points clear) has no visa past, than with all the information submitted as stated above there should be clearly no issue with getting the visa.....

Forget about your postion, like houseowner or Thai ID card other than your income and focus on her ownership of the house and the children.....or her job/income/company..

I myself have never been refused to accompany my wife in the booth basically because I am part of her guarantee to return...and my information is submitted as well....so how can they refuse you when information about income and shared children is being submitted....

I would advise you to write a personal guarantee for her in whcih you explain your status and why you yourself have no intention or turning back to the NL next to the guarantee the embassy has available for downloads. If your marriage is not registered in NL than she doesnot have to sign.....

I dont think being married or not makes a lot of a difference anyway

Do not get any people in the Netherlands involved with invitations and such , I feel this can make future request move vulnerable and again act as and be her guarantee.

I remember the first time my girlfriend went....they acted not very nicely..I have to admit the documents were not properly filled in but she was very upset so the next day I accompanied her and it was done within 5/10 minutes....

With regards to your complaints and questions about NL...never bite the hand that (still) feeds you....and has given you the possibility to live the life you have now.....if you dislike it so much, why go back anyway......

If you fullfill all the requirements it will be very hard to NOT get a visa....

J

We just got a letter from the ind 2 weeks ago ( no message from the embassy yet ) that my gf will get her tourist visa for Holland. The ind needed 9 months for that. :o the embassy did send it to the ind and the ind rejected it in first time because they where not sure my gf would turn back home after her viset to Holland after my complains they where over time whit there decision. After that I complained and tread whit a appeal because we did attach documents that prove she will turn back to thailand and then they finally did give us the visa . Always complain when they over there time because they where never in time in my case. Also inform the ombudsman when the ind is to late whit there answers (it seems to make them know you are Serious ).

I did not guarantee for her but we did show the 34 euro a day. ( she will go 14 days so we had to show around 20,000 thb in the bankbook).

Edited by bram

My wife never had a problem with applying for a tourist visa, even with a 'visa application history' (her MVV was a different story). Find out the documents which are required (www.netherlandsembassy.in.th) and bring them. Proof of income and a reason that she will surely return to Thailand are most important I think.

We ever used to have my family in NL write an invitation letter (as we would visit them). Unlike what another poster said, this didn't pose any problems for us, actually I think it made it easier. Also we never left any documents out when we applied. Just prepare it correctly, don't be paranoid about the whole thing. Be confident you're doing nothing wrong. The embassy (or IND) is just trying to filter the bad apples out, but you're not one, so don't worry.