Iherb - normal delivery was 2 weeks, now waiting for 7 and still stuck in USA ?

15 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

No idea what you're ordering but most international air freight is grounded and to add to it Thailand has banned even more - only allowing chinese airfreight and I believe russian airfreight. 

Most things globally are shipping via sea freight right now. 

Nonsense. My Cargo Dog friends are flying their backsides off. My airline which has cut 90 percent of flying is operating empty planes just for cargo. UPS (USA) is leasing planes and crew for extra capacity. Your statement that international cargo is grounded is complete rubbish. Why do people on this site comment authoritatively on topics they have zero knowledge of ? The mind boggles.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Nonsense. My Cargo Dog friends are flying their backsides off. My airline which has cut 90 percent of flying is operating empty planes just for cargo. UPS (USA) is leasing planes and crew for extra capacity. Your statement that international cargo is grounded is complete rubbish. Why do people on this site comment authoritatively on comments they have zero knowledge of? The mind boggles.

OK, smart guy, tell me why my order of six weeks ago is still stuck in a distribution centre in the US. DHL carrier.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Nonsense. My Cargo Dog friends are flying their backsides off. My airline which has cut 90 percent of flying is operating empty planes just for cargo. UPS (USA) is leasing planes and crew for extra capacity. Your statement that international cargo is grounded is complete rubbish. Why do people on this site comment authoritatively on topics they have zero knowledge of ? The mind boggles.

Hello triggered person. Your comments are anecdotal, and you know it. 

PS:

20200327_170336.jpg.0c37dd6f60391a1b48b5

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

OK, smart guy, tell me why my order of six weeks ago is still stuck in a distribution centre in the US. DHL carrier.

Mama noodle said international air cargo is grounded. Complete  nonsense. We are flying to Thailand China Japan, Korea, Hong Kong Singapore,  completely as normal. Australia, New Zealand, Israel. Pilots going to hotels, various levels of strictness.

Where do you think your god damn masks and supplements  some from? (China) If you have a problem with your vitamins please contact the distributor.

Edited by Captain Monday

2 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

You said international air cargo is grounded. Complete  nonsense. We are flying to Thailand China Japan, Korea, Hong Kong Singapore,  completely as normal. Australia, New Zealand, Israel. Pilots going to hotels, various levels of strictness.

Where do you think your god damn masks and supplements  some from? (China) If you have a problem with your vitamins please contact the distributor.

You are unreasonably angry and that is making you have a difficult time reading what people are saying and then comprehending those words. 

• Like 1

Not sure what your question is but as long as you do not think "most international air freight is grounded" I am satisfied. Why do many people on this site comment on subjects they have no knowledge of? Was there a news report that most international air cargo is grounded? Perhaps you can provide a link? It is the exact opposite.

Are you a compulsive liar?

Edited by Captain Monday

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

Mama noodle said international air cargo is grounded. Complete  nonsense. We are flying to Thailand China Japan, Korea, Hong Kong Singapore,  completely as normal. Australia, New Zealand, Israel. Pilots going to hotels, various levels of strictness.

Read Mama Noodle's Post 6 again. It says all air freight into Thailand from the USA is shut down. As is air freight from 17 other countries, official information from Thailand Post. Nobody cares where else you are flying.

Perhaps in your rush to judgment, you forgot your glasses. I do hope you are not one of the gun-toting types, you'd end up with no toes.

What Mama Noodle posted is untrue. Attaching free information anyone can get off the internet. Make your own decisions about whether intentional air cargo is "shutdown" or not. Or perhaps head out to the airport with some binoculars?

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 10.57.47 PM.png

Edited by Captain Monday

25 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What Mama Noodle posted is untrue. Attaching free information anyone can get off the internet. Make your own decisions about whether intentional air cargo is "shutdown" or not. Or perhaps head out to the airport with some binoculars?

As far as I can see, the only air freight flight into Bangkok is from China, which according to Thailand Post is, along with Russia, the ONLY two countries of origin for unrestricted freight into Thailand.

No-one is arguing all international air cargo is shut down. Straw man argument. It's about international air cargo into THAILAND.

I don't need binoculars, you need to learn how to read. Example: In your post #6, you said I should contact the distributor. In my post #3, I said I had emailed them.

I get it - you're one of these people who can't stand admitting you are wrong.

I have been waiting for well over 2 mounts now for 2 registered mail items posted from France post office and on from China, the tracking numbers stopped working as soon as the items left it's country of dispatch and effort to trace them are no avail, i'm being told that they're in some sort of "Protection time" and god only know when that will end...

10 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Hello triggered person. Your comments are anecdotal, and you know it. 

PS:

20200327_170336.jpg.0c37dd6f60391a1b48b5

Is there a website of some sort this list is showing for other countries other than the one on the list?

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I am not wrong, You are.

I just confirmed the flights with a pilot who flies for UPS who I have been friends with for 26 years. 

You sound like an impatient person. I am impatient too, with people who can't see facts that are right in front of their noses.

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You sound like an impatient person. I am impatient too, with people who can't see facts that are right in front of their noses.

Not sure what you are trying to say. I just responded to the statement that "Most international airfreight is shutdown", which is rubbish. In fact it is the opposite. I never said the post office was not accepting or delivering packages in Thailand or any other country. People who think that  because a post office is not accepting or delivering international packages means international airfreight is shutdown are making quite a bizarre assumption. To post the results of their false logic as some kind of fact is what I am impatient with. Another UPS cargo plane landed at BKK this morning.

These are the facts, right in front of your nose.

Believe you own eyes, or not?  "Up to you"

IMG_3082 2.jpg

Edited by Captain Monday

46 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Not sure what you are trying to say. I just responded to the statement that "Most international airfreight is shutdown", which is rubbish. In fact it is the opposite. I never said the post office was not accepting or delivering packages in Thailand or any other country. People who think that  because a post office is not accepting or delivering international packages means international airfreight is shutdown are making quite a bizarre assumption. To post the results of their false logic as some kind of fact is what I am impatient with. Another UPS cargo plane landed at BKK this morning.

These are the facts, right in front of your nose.

Believe you own eyes, or not?  "Up to you"

IMG_3082 2.jpg

Are you wilfully obtuse? That plane was from CHINA. This thread is about air freight from AMERICA. Stone the crows, read the thread title again, will you?

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Are you wilfully obtuse? That plane was from CHINA. This thread is about air freight from AMERICA. Stone the crows, read the thread title again, will you?

Forget about the title. My comment is to refute the nonsense idea that air frieght is mostly shutdown, it is the opposite.

Do you not understand that UPS planes fly from Ontario, Louisville, LAX, China, Tokyo, Osaka, Some transpacific, some stopping in Anchorage, picking up and dropping off cargo?

International airfreight is not shut down. I don't know why post offices are not accepting international packages or iherb is not delivering, maybe they are not essential. Here are the facts

• The cargo carriers are operating at full pace, can't keep up with demand 
  • AMS, China, Delhi, Narita, ramps are full of cargo as there are not enough planes.
  • Passenger airlines are flying planes with no pax and just cargo to take up slack

Almost everything in health care, for the most part is manufactured in China. The essential items health care workers need to face the crisis. The day international airfreight is shutdown we would be in a very tight spot. Cheers.

Edited by Captain Monday

25 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Forget about the title. My comment is to refute the nonsense idea that air frieght is mostly shutdown, it is the opposite.

Do you not understand that UPS planes fly from Ontario, Louisville, LAX, China, Tokyo, Osaka, Some transpacific, some stopping in Anchorage, picking up and dropping off cargo?

International airfreight is not shut down. I don't know why post offices are not accepting international packages or iherb is not delivering, maybe they are not essential. Here are the facts

• The cargo carriers are operating at full pace, can't keep up with demand 
  • AMS, China, Delhi, Narita, ramps are full of cargo as there are not enough planes.
  • Passenger airlines are flying planes with no pax and just cargo to take up slack

Almost everything in health care, for the most part is manufactured in China. The essential items health care workers need to face the crisis. The day international airfreight is shutdown we would be in a very tight spot. Cheers.

The only air freight into Thailand is from Russia and China. About 17 other countries are not being allowed to send air freight into Thailand.

We are obviously arguing at cross purposes, I won't waste your time and mine any further.

16 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Just because some companies like UPS, DHL and a couple of other still offer that service, does not mean all are able to do it.

How about the prices?  I am a customer of a couple of Courier services and all charges now premium prices called "Emergency Surcharge".

Before I could send a 10 gram letter for 19 THB to the US, now the same letter cost me 290 THB. Yes, it will arrive within 14 days in the states but the prices increased like 1500%.

So, yes it is possible to send from the States to Thailand or vice versa. It may also only takes 2-3 days longer for those Express Services. But it cost premium.

If you buy some Vitamin for 20 Bucks are you willing to pay 80 USD for an express courier service (plus the import tax they are famous for to charge) ? 

Thailand Post does not forward any mail by air since late March. If you have tracking, you'll see that it is still in Bangkok.

Last successful dispatch day from my post office was 18. March. Everything dispatched after that day did not leave Thailand. 

Incoming mail is slower as usually but they still deliver.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Just because some companies like UPS, DHL and a couple of other still offer that service, does not mean all are able to do it.

How about the prices?  I am a customer of a couple of Courier services and all charges now premium prices called "Emergency Surcharge".

Before I could send a 10 gram letter for 19 THB to the US, now the same letter cost me 290 THB. Yes, it will arrive within 14 days in the states but the prices increased like 1500%.

So, yes it is possible to send from the States to Thailand or vice versa. It may also only takes 2-3 days longer for those Express Services. But it cost premium.

If you buy some Vitamin for 20 Bucks are you willing to pay 80 USD for an express courier service (plus the import tax they are famous for to charge) ? 

Thailand Post does not forward any mail by air since late March. If you have tracking, you'll see that it is still in Bangkok.

Last successful dispatch day from my post office was 18. March. Everything dispatched after that day did not leave Thailand. 

Incoming mail is slower as usually but they still deliver.

I just logged into my FEDEX account and priced a standard letter 

Memphis to Bangkok  (1 pound max) and got $112 dollars. Fortunately I get a 75 percent interline concession. A wonderful service. Read the note about the surcharge. Now probably a good time to get back into cargo stocks. One reason the cargo airlines are in such a pinch is with the passenger carriers drastically cutting flights, the cargo they would be carrying is also there. No way to keep up.

Iherb shipped my order on 2 March via SF express. However, it got stuck in SF's HK warehouse for around 1 and a half months. So, I emailed iherb's customer service to ask for a refund as I felt I would never receive it due to the current situation and I wasn't notified about the potential delay at the time I made my order.

Iherb replied saying that SF had suspended their shipping services to Thailand and that SF would request Thai Post to take over and send the their remaining packages via Taiwan. I received my order yesterday via DHL. No idea why it was DHL rather than Thai post.

Edited by macleans
  • Like 1