how to get into Pattaya beach area from bkk?

Taco

Typical story.  Flight just cancelled want to go to Pattaya on Monday.  With the current road blocks is it possible to get in at the moment? 

Thanks!

Edited by Rimmer

I imagine a booking for a hotel will be enough to allow access, keep in mind you will probably be subject to a 14 day quarantine in your room.

Would be a whole lot easier to stay at Jomtien etc. Why go to the trouble of wanting to stay inside the section of pattaya thats closed off.

Are you sure you can even get transport from BKK to Pattaya ??

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

The barricades are in place until the 5th (Tuesday). 

There are no "smaller" checkpoints. Some suggest just use a taxi to get through the checkpoints (as you may get through with just having your temperature checked).
To be "safe" I'd suggest having an A4 size photocopy of your passport and one with your hotel reservation on it. They may not check at all but if they do, I don't know if a hotel reservation would satisfy their requirements.

Though knowing, on the 4th, that the barricades will be down the next day, they may not care (as much). If they even look at all (presuming you are in a taxi).

Or find a hotel between North Naklua and Laem Chabang (or somewhere in Na Jomtien - just south of the last checkpoint) for a day or two and then go to Pattaya on the 5th when the barricades will be gone.

18 minutes ago, Taco said:

Flight just cancelled want to go to Pattaya on Monday.

In the current situation, what has Pattaya got that Bangkok hasn't? 

Help Thailand beat Covid-19, stay in Bangkok until your flight out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

In the current situation, what has Pattaya got that Bangkok hasn't? 

Help Thailand beat Covid-19, stay in Bangkok until your flight out.

A beach.... you can't go on it or even on the pavement on the same side, but can look at  it from across the road or condo!

On your second point, very much agree. This is the 3rd or 4th post I have read of people wanting to bypass the road blocks and travel from different provinces. What don't they get that this is why Europe etc is suffering such high infection rates!  Stay put, until we get the all clear and have some consideration for others.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you go back through other topics, someone mentioned their son getting a bus from Eckamai bus station to Pattaya no issues. I presume that was to Pattaya Nua bus station. I would therefore suspect Mo Chit still has a bus through Pattaya to Jomtein. All just over 130 baht. 7/11 stores I believe have forms to move between provinces, to monitor travellers, but these would be available at bus stations. Check state bus timetables for departure times.

34 minutes ago, Taco said:

Ok good to know Jomtien is fair game and Tuesday open.  Good news!  

"Na Jomtien" (or "Na Chom Tian" or "Na Jom Tien" according to Google) - the part South of "main" Jomtien.

Basically, most of the main part of Jomtien is also under the lockdown. The most Southern checkpoint is at the Soi Chaiyapruek intersection and the other ways into the main part of Jomtien past that checkpoint have been blocked off.

Places South of the Pattaya Floating Market should be OK.
 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Na+Jom+Tien+Soi+10+Tambon+Na+Chom+Thian,+Amphoe+Sattahip,+Chang+Wat+Chon+Buri+20250/@12.8116073,100.9135183,13.21z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x310293f6e591ddcb:0xa4b1040b217b5a92!8m2!3d12.84977!4d100.9050309?hl=en 

Edited by Kerryd

I personally would stay put where you are at. Having the beaches totally off limits defeats your purpose of going to a beach. Even as far off as Bang Saray- Sattahib the beaches are off limits.won't be to much longer till they relax the laws. Might be a better idea to wait.